Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

1/04/2010

Boxing Week haul III

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

The very first thing I wanted to do when I got back to Halifax was to check out my Sally. It might sound silly to some of you, but I had a mission to hunt down China Glaze Dorothy Who?, as the whole Wizard collection is disappearing at Sally stores. I was lucky to get 3 bottles from it (see the previous Boxing Week haul post) but missing the most pretty shade.

And I was jumping in joy when I saw the little blue bottle on the display of the collection at my Sally. It was the only Dorothy Who? left there, and it was mine. Omg!!!

The rest of the haul was from the clearance table. My Sally had BOGO on discounted items, and I had the first $5 coupon to use, so I got:
- Biolinks Firming Creme Masks (CAD5.59 for the 2) - don't know this stuff is any good :-)
- 2 nail file & buff blocks (CAD.59)
- Savvy Scarlet - a beautiful red (CAD2.79)
- Finger Paints Caramel Cape and Cobalt Cardigan (CAD4.99 for 2)
- Palladio herbal blush in Cappuccino and Wine (CAD5.29 for 2), herbal shadow in Raisin (plum) and Black Onyx (shimmery black), CAD4.19.

Another stop at the mall for Claire's. They had gift items for 75% off but the area was almost picked over. The 10 for $10 corner, however, got my attention, as I spotted nail polishes for me and Christmas items for Squirt.

The colours were very pretty, either shimmery or glittery. Just my kind of polish! Especially when they were only CAD1 each (reg. CAD5). Don't understand why they ended up in the clearance bin :-)

First row, from L-R: Yel (blue with holo micro glitters), Lime Shine (green with gold micro glitters), Meg Peg (purple with silver micro glitters) and Rock (purple giltters in clear base)

Second row: Flame (hot pink with micro silver glitters), Crush (orange with multi-coloured glitters) and Briar Rose (shimmery magenta).

Yesterday I went to a La Senza that had huge selections of sale items (the 10 for $30 panties, $19.99 push-up bras, $16.50-19.50 sleepwear, etc.) and was very "obliged" to get a few things, lol. Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush and Secret Garden items were 10 for $30 too and makeup 5 for $10, but selection wasn't that great, so I passed. Today, the store in the mall had more items to choose from, and some bottles of Honey-do, Appletini, Love Spell, etc. went home with me.

Remember the news about Victoria's Secret is coming to Canada that I blogged about last September? The lady told me we'll be having a VS store around here soon, and therefore La Senza is clearing out VS products, hence the best sale price I have seen on these items. I don't know whether the price is going to get any lower, but selection will be limited for sure. Not knowing what the new VS store will offer, I stocked up, just to be safe.

Hope the first day back to work or school isn't treating everyone too badly :-) I was flooded with emails at work but made it through the day ok.

6 comments:

  1. I'm happy you posted about the 10 for $30 deal at La Senza, I scoped my local store out, but didn't have the time to look through everything. Thanks again for posting! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul! The closest Sally's to me is quite far =/ Hope they expand more in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your haul, can't wait to see some swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you everyone, I seem to have some luck with Sally, hence the hauls :-) And I'm glad if some of you could steal the deals too

    Swatches to come, lol.

    ReplyDelete