9/02/2015Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty
I had the opportunity to test out Jouviance Restructiv Collagen Boost a while ago. I haven't tried many products from Jouviance, so it was a reintroduction to the brand.
- Pro-Collagen Activator (PCA): an exclusive Jouviance amino acid copper complex that boosts cell (fibroblast) energy
- Rovisome encapsulation technology: delivers retinol into the skin’s lower layers, allows retinol’s active ingredients to be released deeper down without irritation.
- Reactivates production of collagen 3 (youth collagen), rebalances collagen 1/collagen 3 ratio
- Promotes growth of new collagen and elastin, prevents against future breakdown
- Fewer wrinkles and dark spots and a smoother, even complexion.
Active ingredients: Neodermyl (Pro-Collagen activator complex), Prohyal+ (natural extract of blue agave leaves), Pro-Coll-One+ (Highly purified soy glycopeptide) and Pure Encapsulated Retinol.
Ingredients: Water, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Hydrolyzed Soybean Fiber, Glycerin, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteareth-20, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Acrylates C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, etc.
My thoughts: behind all the scientific facts of the ingredients and what they do, I find the product work well as a serum that supports the moisturizer that follows it. My skin looks plumped and hydrated.
However, the anti aging effects are not easy to tell. 2 reasons:
- Any effects I notice on the skin would be a combination effort of the serum and other skin care products I use. My fine lines are slightly improved, but it would be hard to tell exactly which product does what part in that.
- I have used it over a month and still think it is not long enough. It is a long process.
I would say Restructiv Collagen Boost is a good serum to pair with a moisturizer if you are looking for a collagen related product or want to start anti aging, but use it with a lot of patience :)
The product is suitable for sensitive skin, with no parabens/ sulfates/ colourants/ phthalates/ dyes/ DMAE/ TEA/ artificial fragrances or occlusive agents (silicones, paraffin, lanolin, petrolatum or mineral oil). The bottle is 30ml, retails $55.