1/23/2013Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty
To put the Revlon makeup I reviewed yesterday in action, I get a few quick shots of the FOTD I wore last weekend.
The eyeshadows are from the Revlon PhotoReady primer + shadow quad in Metropolitan - satin brown in the outer corner, silver in mid lids and the primer shade in the inner corner, light pink for brow bone highlight.
On my lips are Joe Fresh lip stain in Apple as base, topped with Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede lipstick in Backstage. Apple did not change the colour of Backstage much, but it helps to retain some colour on my lips once Backstage fades away.
- Sunscreen: La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF60
- Moisturizer/ primer: SeabuckWonders Himalayan Sea Buckthorn Deep Hydrating serum and facial cream
- Foundation: Vichy Normaderm Anti-Imperfections foundation in 35 Sand
- Concealer: Hard Candy Glamoflauge in Medium
- Brow liner: Yves Rocher eyebrow pencil in Brown
- Blush: NYX eyeshadow in Wild Flower.
I gotta say all the products here are try and true type of deal for me. Some I received for review, some I bought, I enjoyed testing them and continue using them afterwards. I try to be more diligent with sunscreen and not rely on just the SPF in the makeup, and La Roche-Posay Anthelios is a great sunscreen.
And if you haven't noticed, I used an eyeshadow as blush. Wild Flower is a pretty pink shade, with peach sheen to it, I love it more as a blush than an eyeshadow. Cool bean huh?
- Eye primer: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Electric Blue
- Eye liner: Annabelle Smoothie eyeshadow pencil in Down 2 Earth
- Mascara: L'Oreal Double Extend mascara with Lash Boosting serum in Blacken Black.
Electric Blue is a navy blue but does not show up much once I put other eyeshadows on top. I guess the synthetic brush did sheer it out, so if you are still worried about the colour being too intense, don't be.
And besides the habit of using Color Tattoos as eye base, another habit of mine would be using Smoothie pencils as liner. Can't help it, they are great for what I use them for :) I still dread that Down 2 Earth is an LE shade, it is more vibrant IRL than how it shows here, trust me!
Stay warm, guys. It's mid week already, Friday will get here soon enough.