Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

2/02/2011

Lavanila Laboratories fragrance set review

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

So the groundhog said Spring is coming eh? I can't wait for all this miserable weather to be over. We've had so much snow since last night that everything shuts down, and buses detour off steep hills.

Let's talk something fun. I have a fragrance review today for you guys, something you haven't seen on this blog ever. It's not because I don't like fragrances, but because I suck at describing scents. So bear with me as I try :)

This is Lavanila Healthy Fragrance Deluxe Mini Roller-ball Set, sent to me by The Shopping Channel.

The name intrigued me. According to Lavanila, the fragrances in this set contain natural ingredients (pure essential oils with anti-oxidants and nurturing botanicals), no Petrochemicals, Phthalates, Propylene Glycol, Mineral oils, Silicone, Synthetic dyes, Sulfates or Parabens. And they don't test on animals. The packaging is 100% recyclable too.

The set comes with 4 5-ml bottles:
- Vanilla Lavender (purple)
- Pure Vanilla (yellow)
- Vanilla Coconut (blue), and
- Vanilla Grapefruit (pink).

The set came to me with its plastic wrap in tact. Unfortunately the cap on the Vanilla Coconut bottle wasn't on tight, and the perfume slowly leaked out of it. There wasn't any left inside the bottle when I opened the box, but because it had absorbed in the packaging, I can smell a great deal of it. And coming from a tropical girl, I can say that Vanilla Coconut smells like summer, fun, warm and sweet, but strong.

Vanilla Lavender is lighter, and very relaxing. I love to dab a bit of it on my wrist before going to bed. I tried lavender essential oil before but gotta say I like this blend better, probably because of the vanilla note in it.

Pure Vanilla is just that, vanilla. Not the baking kind, of course, the perfume kind, still sweet but subtle. It's perfect for days that you want to put on some nice scent that provide comfort, nothing too overwhelming. Lavanila suggests that you can layer these fragrances for special effects, so adding either of the other 3 on top of Pure Vanilla would spice it up nicely for a special occasion.

And lastly, Vanilla Grapefruit. The citrus note on this is what sets it apart from the rest, very refreshing and uplifting. I would say it's awesome for a girls' night out or family gathering, as it is playful but friendly and sincere. Don't laugh, but that's really how I feel when I smell it :)

Ingredients: Alcohol denat. (from organic sugar cane), Botanical fragrance blend, Deionized water, Lycium Barbarum (Goji) powder, Terminalia Ferdinandiana (Kakadu Plum) fruit extract, Epilobium Angustifolium (Canadian Willowherb) extract, Olea Europaea (Olive leaf) extract, etc.

Overall, I think this is a neat fragrance set with options to wear each scent separately or paired up. The size and the roller ball format are great for travelling (as long as you keep the cap close tightly) :) I personally don't reach for strong sweet scents often, so Vanilla Coconut wouldn't be my first choice, but I make sure I give the other 3 scents equal love.

The set is currently not on The Shopping Channel website for reference. Vanilla retails it for $34.

While on the topic, The Shopping Chanel is celebrating its 24th birthday with 24 daily birthday specials, a fun contest and a special offer for a Birthday Surprise bag. I heard it sells out quickly every time, so if you are up for trying some products from Elizabeth Grant, Perricone MD, Juice Beauty, Prai, Argan Magic and more, this is an economical way to do it.

5 comments:

  1. I love that set. I got one from the shopping channel before Christmas. The coconut vanilla is definitely my favourite but they are all really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kk...funny how everything is vanilla XD
    I love eating french vanilla icecream, but not sure if i would want to smell like vanilla 24/7.
    but the bottles sure are cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. FunnyFaceBeauty, you must be a vanilla fan :) They are great, aren't they?

    Rasilla, yes, the whole set is dedicated to vanila lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had the lavender vanilla deodorant and i have to day i loved the scent and it was the natural deodorant that i tried that was actually effective. I wanted to try the other scents as well, but Sephora only ships the lavender one to Canada for some reason :( I'm glad to know the Shopping Channel sells them though! I like the reviews~!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady Rosenred, great to know the deodorant worked for you :) I didn't know that about Sephora, hmm... Yes, the brand is available on the Shopping Channel but stocks vary at times. Glad you liked my review :)

    ReplyDelete