Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

1/31/2011

Weekend finds

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Another post in the weekend finds series :) I was wandering around here and there, there are a few good deals I want to share.

Lawtons has 30% off EcoTools this week (till Thursday), plus they had the bonus x10 Airmiles offer on Saturday, so I grabbed a few. The biggest discount so far I've seen on the brand.
- 6-piece bamboo Eye brush set with a large eye brush, angled crease brush, petite eye shading brush, highlighting brush, smudge brush and the case with mirror, CAD11.19 after discount.
I'm still deciding to keep this set or not. They are kinda small compared to the regular size. If you have it, let me know what you think.

-  Bamboo deluxe concealer brush and Eye shading brush, CAD3.49 each.

She's G.A.L (Got a Look) is a brand that I never heard of before. Have seen it at Lawtons lately, the brushes look really cute with the purple accent colour on the bristles and handles. Price point is quite high, CAD10 and up for a single brush.

This 4-piece brush set was 50% off, I paid CAD12.99. They are supposed to be handcrafted, with chrome-plated handles and softest synthetic fibers. For the price, I don't think it's a bad bargain.

A quick google search showed that Ulta in the US carries the line, similar price range. However, there is no info on the manufacturer or company's website, so that's all I know about it.

Wanna guess what these are?

I caught a glimpse of them on the shelf at Claire's 10 for $10 sale, loved the lace print on baby pink background. As you know, Claire's serves young adult clientele, so I didn't expect this kind of "elegant" packaging.

I automatically went and opened them all up to see what "gems" were inside :)

They are eyeshadow palettes with quite good colour combinations and cute patterns on the surface of each shadow.

I found 3 different sets. Top left corner is smokey dark blue and grey, bottom left is neutral (baby pink, beige, plum) and on the right is for a purple night look.

They still have protective plastic sleeves on, and are too pretty to touch so I haven't swatched them yet. I have high hope for them though :) If you find them, make sure to open the lid to check the content, as some palettes I found with the eyeshadows all shattered.

Found these rings at an Ardene outlet which is running 70% off the whole store (from original price), couldn't pass them up.

They are originally CAD4.50 a piece, normally on sale 3 for CAD10 which isn't bad already, 70% off is even better. I can't confirm if the same sale applies to regular Ardene stores though because the one I went to was an outlet.

The only ring in top left corner is actually from Suzy Shier for 75% off, very bling-y. There are great sales going on for lots of things in store, I got a few basic long-sleeve T-shirts for CAD2.50. If you haven't been to the store lately, go check the sale out.

And these are some random nail polishes I found on clearance at Superstore.

My local reader, Duochrome Diva, told me that there were some on sale for 50% off. I paid between CAD2-4 each for them. There was no sale tags on them at my store, so scan the price to make sure they are on sale in your store too.
- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Downtown Rubies
- Nicole by OPI Spark My Mistletoe
- L'Oreal Luminescence.

The Nicole by OPI holiday collection was 50% off too but I didn't like any of the colours.

And last but not least, this Neutrogena Clinical Anti-Aging System Starter kit was free (well, after rebate), valued anywhere from CAD37-55 depending where you look :)

Superstore was offering full-rebate form for all Neutrogena Clinical kits at the Coupon Zone in the last 2 weeks, so it's over now. But you still have time at Walmart (the rebate form is attached to the packaging already) and Shoppers (the form is available at cashier), so head over there if you want to try this line out. Keep an eye on the rebate period so you don't miss out.

Hope you like my little tidbits here and there. I didn't get them all in one day, could have put them up sooner if my cat Oreo didn't have an emergency (Feline Idiopathic Cystitis, if you want to know) in the weekend. He seems fine now but I have to keep an eye on him, give him meds (which wasn't an easy task at all until I could find some pill pockets to trick him). Needless to say, my weekend was not fun. Hope yours were better.

6 comments:

  1. I loved the brush kit enough to buy another set.
    I don't use the second last one very much, but I do use the others on a daily basis.

    I wanna see the entire ring collection!
    I wanted to buy one recently for an occassion, but couldn't get myself to fork over the money.
    But many next month :P

    I saw the rebate thing at Superstore...but I was a day or so late!!! lol ah well. Hope its a good kit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.... I was just looking at the ecoTools this weekend! Their brushes look like they're of good quality. Let me know how it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rasilla, great to know about the brush set :) My rings are mostly from Claire's and Suzy, if you are in there often enough, you'd see them all lol. Get the rebate form at Walmart or Shoppers, there's still time.

    Julianne, EcoTools brushes are of good quality. I was just wondering about this particular set as the brushes are so small, so feel free to pick some up to see how you like them

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, you found some great deals and products. I think I've seen those purple tipped brushes before but I'm not sure where, possibly ULTA but I'm not 100% sure. I remember feeling them and thinking these are really soft. Great finds :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julianne, yes Lawtons is only in the Maritimes, but I envy you for having London Drugs :)

    Froggistyle73, thank you :) Yes, Ulta has these GAL brushes and they are in deed very soft

    ReplyDelete