Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

8/31/2015

Freedom Makeup Pro Melts

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Freedom Makeup, the sister brand of Makeup Revolution, has had a few free gift promotions lately. I placed my first order the one time the gift included many items that I wanted to try.

We start with lip products today. Pro Melts are described as long lasting hybrid glosses with melted lipstick formula, £3 each.

I went for the 8-piece set, £18 (save £6) cause I found the colours quite represent a good range.

Here are D-ream, Wanted, Smooth, Sugar Fix, Up, TGIF, Jammy Dodger and Just Do It.

The Pro Melts come with classic gloss tube packaging in silver box (far left) with an opening on the side to show the colour inside. Since the products are sold online, I'm not sure the boxes are necessary though. Just saying :)

The applicator is also standard, easy to use. I guess the formula is the point to discuss with these glosses.

As you see in the swatches below, the glosses are all cream (no glitters/ shimmers), go on wet like a gloss then dry down to a semi matte finish.

Mind you, they show no shine on the lips but are not completely matte like LA Girl Matte pigment glosses or Colour Pop Ultra Matte Lips I reviewed recently.

Wear wise, they are not super long lasting (i.e. transferable with eating/ drinking) nor drying either but the most comfortable wear among the 3 brands. I'd say they are good as introduction to matte liquid lipsticks.

The swatches, with 2 swipes each: D-ream, Wanted,Smooth and Sugar Fix on the left; Up, TGIF, Jammy Dodger and Just Do It on the right.

Pigmentation and layering are quite good with these glosses. Needless to say, I need a bright base underneath D-ream and Just Do It (a bit streaky) to make them wearable on me. The other 6, however, are great just as is.

I enjoy the Pro Melts as a nice change from flat matte glosses. The price is great too. If you are new to the brand, newsletter subscription would give you a 20% off code and upgraded tracked shipping for £7.95 (normally £11.95) for the first order.

2 comments: