Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

7/07/2015

MAC Veluxe a Trois lipsticks

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

I had no idea about MAC Veluxe a Trois collection until I saw it on the Bay website. It is supposed to be a Fall collection, with release date to be next month, and is not up on MAC website yet.

So I grabbed 3 of the 4 (LE) Cremesheen lipsticks available: Pillow Talk, Flowerscope and Quelle Surprise, $19 each. The other 2 shades in the collection - Haux and Royally Riotous - are online exclusive to MAC.

I am a little sad that these do not have special packaging, just typical black tubes. And after trying them on, I find the colours show up well, with good pigmentation, but are not that unique.

Pillow Talk, described as a malty warm nude, is the exact colour of my lips hence does not show up much. Flowerscope, a red pink with blue undertone, and Quelle Surprise, a deep purple berry, are accurately described but look more intense in the tubes than on the lips.

Needless to say, I think Quelle Surprise is the only one that is worth getting in the collection. These cremesheen lipsticks remind me a lot of Maybelline Creamy Matte lipsticks, except for the finish of course.

Swatched below the 3 MAC shades are Maybelline Daring Nude, Siren in Scarlet and Divine Wine.

Not dupes by any means, but similar colour tones and pigmentation. I am sure there are other shades in the Creamy Matte line (including the 10 new shades coming soon) that rival these.

0 comments:

Post a Comment