Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

6/10/2015

Burt's Bees lip crayons

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Burt's Bees lip products do not get much exposure on blogs compared to its skin care lines. Other than a lip balm here and there, I didn't have anything else until now.

I found a little end-cap display at Shoppers outside the makeup isle with these Burt's Bees lip crayons, on sale, so I picked up two - Redwood Forest (top) and Niagara Overlook (bottom).

These crayons are supposed to be matte but creamy and moisture rich, light weight plus full coverage. The formula is 100% natural, infused with Shea butter, Kendi oil and Jojoba oil.

Kendi oil was made famous by Alterna Bamboo Smooth hair care line, being similar to Argan oil but more light weight. I can appreciate the formula, as the crayons feel comfortable on the lips and are not drying. Matte but still have some slip to them.

I like the look of Burt's Bees crayons a lot - the chubby twistup format is not new, but the clear cap with frosted raised honeycomb pattern feels very nice.

There is also colour indication on the tube but the colour of the bullet is more accurate with lighter shades - e.g. Niagara Overlook.

The crayons do give off some shine under direct flash but appear matte on the lips with natural lighting.

Niagara Overlook shows up quite pink here but looks more like a natural shade on my dark lips. I layer it on if I want more colour to show. Redwood Forest has a red undertone, quite flattering.

Note: Burt's Bees lip crayons do not have any added flavour or fragrance, which is good news to those who prefer scent-free products. I, however, sometimes notice a lipstick-y scent on my lips, especially when I take a drink.

The line has 6 shades in total, 0.11oz/ 3.11g, $9.99 each.

2 comments:

  1. Oh cool! I haven't seen these yet. Would be nice if they were at least a little scented instead of lipstick-scented...

    ReplyDelete