Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

7/03/2014

Vichy ProEven Night

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

The fight against darkness continues! Sound like the world is going to end, doesn't it?

Well, darkness in my case is the dark spots on both cheeks, left behind from years of breakouts :( I jumped on almost every dark spot treatment I could afford, and still am.

You might recall I tried Vichy Normaderm Hyaluspot last year. I enjoyed it, but I ran out. Just in time, Vichy ProEven Night showed up in my mail box :)

It is basically a dark spot overnight treatment with Ceramide Bright + LHA + Vitamin C and Vichy Thermal Spa water.

Vichy describes ProEven Night as a fresh hydrating gel with resurfacing skin-infusing technology, which exfoliates cells and stimulates cell renewal. What I am most excited about is the fact that it has the highest concentration of LHA (3 times more LHA than ProEven Daily Dark Spot corrector - the day formula).

We agree that night time is the best time for our skin to receive any beneficial effects of active ingredients in our skin care products. And triple strength would be helpful!

ProEven Night's Melatonin, the sleep hormone with antioxidant properties, is helpful in fighting cell damage caused by UV rays. Ceramide Bright regulates melanin synthesis at the epidermis. Vitamin C, combined with Procysteine and Eperuline, acts against the formation of dark spots and prevents future spots.

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat., Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dipropylene Glycol, Silica Ascorbyl Glucoside Octyldodecanol, Carbomer, Fragrance, Methylsilanol/ Silicate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hydroxide, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltauramide,  etc.


The texture is a light translucent beige gel. Needless for me to comment on its absorption and nice scent as we are used to that with Vichy now, aren't we?

Besides the regular use as a nightly spot treatment, ProEven Night also works as a weekly mask (thick layer all over the face, leave on for 5 minutes, remove the excess with a cotton pad). I used it both ways, alternatively of course, almost every night.

After 2 months, the result is noticeable to me but considering how long ago I had those spots, it would take longer for others to notice it. And I am patient, will continue this journey. The tube is larger than regular skin treatments, so I am good for a while but will repurchase when it finishes.

ProEven is paraben and hydroquinone free, suitable for sensitive skin, $49.50 for 1.35oz/ 40ml.

0 comments:

Post a Comment