Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

3/12/2014

Flexitol heel balm

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Canadian winter does not treat our skin very well, especially this year. We have probably all experienced this by now. I used to be pretty keen on applying foot cream before bed but have neglected the task lately.

The product that helps me out quite a bit during this tough time (lol) is Flexitol heel balm. I wouldn't have known about it if it didn't arrive in a PR package for review.

Now once I look pass the not-so-nice-looking feet pic on the box (yeah, all foot products seem to have feet pics on the packaging to prove that they work, sigh...), it is indeed a great product. With 25% urea (one of the highest level on the market), the balm is the dry/ cracked skin relief for your feet.

Urea, being a humectant, has high water content and helps to hold in the moisture on the skin. It also is a natural exfoliant to remove dead skin cell and improves cellular turnover in the epidermis.

With daily uses, the balm is supposed to keep your feet soft and smooth, which I did see and was happy with. Can't confirm the claim of preventing blisters and friction during exercise or when breaking in new shoes as I only applied the balm before bed.

The balm is thicker than regular lotions, so it takes a bit of time to absorb but is not sticky nor hard to spread. It is dry quite fast so I can move on to the next thing I need to do for the night (i.e. sleep) lol.

Note that it does have a medicated balm type of scent that is popular in lots of Asian balms and oils. I am used to that, so it doesn't bother me.

Medical ingredients: Urea, Lanolin, Allantoin.

Non medical ingredients: Aqua, Cetearyl Alcohol, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glyceryl Stearate, Decyloleate, PEG-20 Stearate, Paraffin, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium PCA, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Centipeda Cunninghamil extract, Glycolic Acid, Penthanol, Tocopheryl Acetate, etc.

The product is enriched with pro vitamin B5, E and L-Arginine and does not contain Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) or parabens. Available at most pharmacies with Farleyco as the distributor in Canada.

2 comments:

  1. You know what I wish would be re-released? Julep's Best Pedi Cream ever. Every time I think to look on the site I can't find it or it's sold out. That stuff was AMAZING for feet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried anything Julep. Sucks that it's gone though

      Delete