Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

5/20/2013

Stila Countless Colour pigments

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

I got two Stila Countless Color pigments from Sephora VIB sale. It didn't take much for me to love them and definitely need to talk about them :)

Here are Acoustic (on the left) and Finale (on the right), part of Stila's LE Festival of Colour summer collection.

Described as full coverage, long wearing vibrant pigments with pearl formula, these little pots can be used different ways with different colour combinations. And no two Countless Colour pigments are alike, I gotta try 'em!

Bright and colourful thin compacts get an A for packaging. I found the paper box kinda hides the beautiful art work inside a little, despite the colour stickers on the front.

Aren't they looking gorgeous when the lids are up?

Acoustic is described as a combination of beige, red and mahogany brown

Finale has peach, orange and reddish pink - less contrasting colours I realized.

I went for this type of colour family, as I intended to use them as blushes as well as eyeshadows, get more bang for my bucks. Plus, I'm going through a dark pink/ red phase right now. However, the purples and blues are killing me too :)

This is Acoustic, with 3 colours swatched separately first.

Stila suggests using a finger or foam tip applicator to apply the pigments, which I can definitely confirm. I swatched these quickly in store with my fingers and fell in love :)

When it came to swatching though, I went with the regular (damp) eyeshadow brush before I realized they were not supposed to be used wet. A brush sure sheered the colours out a tiny bit, still quite intense though.

And next is Finale, a little more bright compared to Acoustic. I was a little disappointed when that beautiful peachy orange did not show up the same as it looked in the pot. That colour was kinda the reason why I bought Finale, so cheerful and summer-y.

When you use these pigments as eyeshadows, you gotta remember where in the pot you swipe the product the first time lol, or your makeup does not look the same between the two eyes. Since they work best with your fingers, dabbing the colours on the middle of your lids is the best way to show them off.

And lastly, swatched as blushes using a blush brush, Acoustic on the left, Finale on the right. And I can't tell which one I love more. Definitely love that darker red, but peachy pink also looks divine :)

I found it necessary to include ingredient list for these pigments for those who wonder: Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Ethylene/ Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Magnesium Stearate, Silica, Polysorbate 20, Sorbic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol.

May contain Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 10 (CI 47005), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 28 (CI 45410), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090),Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 40 ( CI 16035), Yellow 6 (CI 15985), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850). ***Contains Carmine as a color additive.

The whole line of 10 Countless Colour pigments, CAD29 for 0.1 oz/ 3g, was launched at Shoppers' selected locations on May 15 and will be available at Murale May 29. Sephora only had 7 shades when I bought mine - no Centre Stage (pink, peach & aqua), Melody (purples) and Encore (champagne & brown).

UPDATE (May 22): The displays at my local Shoppers locations have been updated with the Summer collection. I'll be there soon enough :)

Check out the FOTD where I wear both pigments, I sure look bright and cheerful in it lol.

6 comments:

  1. Darnit! you always make me want things!! lol they look GORGEOUS as blushes and probably would be the way I would use them if I bought one as well...let's see how long I can hold out -___-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sowwy for the enabling, but they are worth a swatch at least :)

      Delete
  2. You need to get Centre Stage, it has at least 6 different colours in it.... just amazing, you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete