Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

5/21/2013

Milani Color Statement lipsticks

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

This is the start of a review series of new Milani products I have recently bought. Today is all about the Color Statement lipsticks, as they rocked my socks :)

Pictured are, from L-R: Uptown Mauve, Black Cherry and Nude Creme.

The lipsticks are available in vinyl, metallic, cream, shimmer, pearl and matte finish, but I somehow ended up getting all cream. Described as full coverage, with lightweight creamy formula infused with Vitamins A, C & E, these lipsticks are to moisturize and nourish your lips. And I find this claim quite true.

Let's see the colours first.

Uptown Mauve is supposed to be a violet mauve, swatched more like a fuchsia.

Black Cherry is, well, a black cherry but more cherry than black :) It can definitely go a little darker to fit the name, IMO.

Nude Creme is a pink nude, one of the better nudes on me.

Are you surprised seeing a nude lipstick in my haul? Well, I was lol. I tried to be more liberal in choosing lip colours to fully test out the range. So far, I'm impressed.

Swatches were done with only 2 quick swipes of the lipsticks each time.

I love how opaque the colours are, very smooth and comfortable to wear. They last well on my lips, about 4 hours with eating and drinking (tea) :) I always wear a lip balm underneath all my lip products, and the lipsticks did not feel drying on top of it.

Another lighting angle, the colours show a little brighter here.

I am happy with the formula of this lipstick line and might have to try more shades :) I am not sure we get all 28 shades that Milani released in the US, but will look for Best Red, Hot Pink Rage or Sangria (matte), High Voltage (vinyl) and maybe a purple - Violet Volt (metallic).

The lipsticks are paraben free, retail $6.99 a piece at Lawtons and Superstore. Followed is a look I did with Nude Creme.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I bought Flamingo Pose a few weeks ago and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh Flamingo Pose sounds pretty, too many shades that I can't remember if I swatched it in store yet. Will have to check again

      Delete