Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

4/29/2013

Weekend finds

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Don't worry, it's a quick post today, not a long one like last week's :)

Stocked up on some essentials at The Body Shop's 5/$50 sale. I got the Extra Virgin Minerals liquid foundation x 2 (reg. $25), Wise Woman Vitality serum ($36), Spa Fit Firming & Toning gel cream massager ($30) and a Honey bronzing powder ($20). After the $15 off $40 coupon and my LYB discount, I paid $31.50.

Went to Shoppers for their x20 point event and 40% off Garnier sale on Saturday with some coupons I saved from a previous display. I got:

 - From the Pure Control line: Targeted Anti-spot Tinted corrector and Targeted Acne Gel treatment, reg. $14.99 each

- From the new Ultra-Lift line: Targeted Line Smoother (Tightener + Cream) and 2-in-1 Wrinkle Reducer (Serum + Moisturizer), reg $24.99 each.

If you missed out on x20 points, there's a coupon for $10 off $50 tomorrow. Also found a $10 off $50 coupon on today's Metro (Halifax) newspaper, good until Friday.

L'Oreal Miss Pop collection (LE, renamed from Miss Candy collection in the US) has arrived at Lawtons.

The gellies nail polish are $6.99, not on sale, but I was excited to grab 3 of the 6 shades. Regret to say, the Infallible eyeshadows did not make it to this display. Unless there is a separate one for them later, Canadians will have to settle with an incomplete LE collection.

A comparison between Miss Pop and Miss Candy collection:
- 6 vs. 8 gellies nail polish. We missed out on the yellow and deep purple shades
- 2 vs. 4 Le Gloss glosses. 1 colour was gone from the display already, so I can only confirm the orange shade
- 0 vs. 4 Infallible eyeshadows!!! FYI, the colours available in the US are Cherie Merie, With a Twist, Dive Right In and Strawberry Blonde
- 2 vs. 3 Nail Lingerie nail strips.

Bath & Body Works had a $20 off $50 coupon on FB for the weekend (better than the regular $10 off $30 on their receipts), so I bought a few things.

The 3-wick candles were 2/$30.50, I bought Espresso Bar and Lemoncello from the La Dolce Vita collection. BBW did a really good job in capturing the scents in these.

Not pictured, but the fragrance mists were on sale at $8 (reg. $14.50) and B3G2F sale. I got:
Rio Rumberry (x2), Bali Mango, Aruba Coconut (from the Island Paradise collection, available every year), and
Capri Seaside Citrus (from the Italy collection).

I only paid $34.50 for 7 items :) A note, prices of most items at BBW (Canada) will go up by 50 cents today, the SA told me. Not a huge increase, but it was good to know.

Also found some fun spring clothing items at Winners. No new makeup/ nail polish to report, except for a lonely Smashbox Be Legendary lipstick in Black Plum for $8.99 (reg retail $22). Now we know that besides eye palettes and blushes I posted about in the last Weekend finds, there are lipsticks :)

The sun continues to hang out in the sky in the last few days, I feel blessed. Almost forgot how beautiful Halifax is in the sun until I saw some pictures on twitter under hashtag #omgthesun lol. Have a great week, everyone!

2 comments: