Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

4/30/2013

NOTD: China Glaze Strap on your Moonboots

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

This is China Glaze Strap on your Moonboots, one of the dark shades from the Hologram collection that I couldn't manage to skip on my last trip to Sally.

If you haven't heard, this collection does not offer linear holo effects, so you only see the holographic shine in direct sun light or under flash. But I still want it, talk about being silly!

Forgive me for not taking pictures of the mani in natural lighting. It was rainy during the time I wore it, and there was just the slightest hint of holo on my nails in that type of weather anyway.

Under direct lighting, the shade comes to life. I love the holographic surprise the flash brought out in the pics. We all wish the Holograms look this way naturally, reality just falls short a little but is still pretty. I wonder why China Glaze did not go all the way for full holo effects for this collection. No doubt they could do it.

I used two coats of Strap on your Moonboots here. I love that it's opaque enough, and it's dark. I can wear shades like this all my life, if they are the only choice I get.

No application issue, I used my regular base and top coat, no special treatment :)

A treat for the eyes, close up on the holo. Don't you just want to stare at it? I found the wear is just average though - about two days on me.

Anyway, hope your week has started on the right note. I left my tax return till the last minute to do, and I still hate it all the same.

Next month is a big deal in this household. Squirt has a big String Night performance with about 150 other kids in town (she learns to play the violin at school). On top of that, she and this blog will turn a year older on the same day - 10th and 4th birthday celebration accordingly. Oh how time flies!

Squirt already started painting her own nails and used nail art polishes to make dots and stripes. I specifically asked her not to grow up so fast, but I don't think it works :) Have a good day, everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment