Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

4/09/2013

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

I was offered Maybelline Instant Age Rewind makeup line to try and have been testing them for quite a while now. The product idea excited me with the added skin care benefit, help hiding some of my flaws. I'm all for it!

Here are, from L-R:
- The Eraser
- The Perfector, and
- The Lifter.

Cool names, cute packaging with burgundy colour tone and beautiful swirly patterns on the products, plus all products have individual plastic seals on the packaging to avoid contamination/ in-store testing. Good first impression!

This is Instant Age Rewind The Lifter Lifting effect foundation with peptides (to help skin spring back to life) + smoothing primer (dual swirl formula).

I enjoyed the built- in clear swirls of primer that works at the same time as the foundation pigments. Coverage is light to medium - which I wish, for my own benefit, is full - but the foundation feels light and moisturized on the skin (see below), always a benefit.

Formula wise, the tri-peptide complex is supposed to work with glycerine and other humectants to give the skin a boost of hydration that plumps and firms fine lines and wrinkles. I know the fine lines won't just disappear as soon as you put the foundation on but gradually, with uses.

I also enjoyed the airless pump and clear tube, as I can tell how much of the product I have used/ have left. Over all, I like this foundation for good skin days when I need less coverage, or will need to follow up with the concealer below. The foundation comes in 12 shades, mine is Natural Beige, retails $16.99.

The Eraser Dark Spot concealer + treatment has  Ascorbyl Glucoside (a stable from Vitamin C against heat, light and oxygen) that help lighten the look of dark spots, age spots, sun spots and acne discolouration over time.

The soft-tip applicator with twisting mechanism delivers saturated pigments to areas needed to be concealed. I had seen people taking off the foam tip to have access directly to the tip where the product comes out, for sanitary reason. Me, I like the soft feeling of the foam, am not bothered too much.

Coverage, again, is light to medium, which covers new dark spots and under-eye dark circles but wouldn't work on my long term post acne spots. The concealer comes in 5 shades, mine is Light/ Medium, retails around $12.99

Lastly, The Perfector Skin Perfecting powder and smoothing primer.

I like the 2-in-1 formula, if it is not clear at this point lol. The primer, with shea butter and jojoba, smooths out the skin and the pearl pigments offer a subtle radiance. It does not feel cake-y or heavy, a bit refreshing in fact. I tried this both as a foundation (days my skin behaves a little) and a finishing powder (after the Lifter above) and it works well for the purpose, not much coverage however.

The compartment underneath the powder houses a soft sponge and a mirror. They are convenient to have on the go, do make the compact a little thicker but not bulky by any means. I use my powder brush for this.

My shade is Light/ Medium among the 4 shades available, retails for $15.99.

Check out the FOTD with all 3 products :) For a look with just the Perfector, no liquid foundation, check out my Essence 3D eyeshadow FOTD.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting your review H.

    I've been wondering about the powder for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really curious about The Perfector, seems like a good product to try. ^_^
    Random Beauty by Hollie

    ReplyDelete