Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

3/27/2013

FOTD: Avon Ideal Flawless

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Alright, a FOTD featuring Avon Ideal Flawless foundation in Medium Beige. As mentioned in my review, this shade is a bit dark on me even though it does not look like it in the pics :)

The regulars for the face:
- Sunscreen: La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF60
- Moisturizers: Yves RocherAnti-age Global day cream and eye cream
- Primers: Annabelle CC Instant Perfecting base in Natural and Luminous finish
- Concealer: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot treatment corrector in Light/ Medium
- Brow liner: Annabelle Skinny brow liner in Universal Medium
- Blush: Maybelline Color Tattoo in Fierce and Tangy
- Lips: Joe Fresh matte lipstick in Bubble Gum.

The Annabelle CC creams are now a natural step in my makeup routine. Maybelline Color Tattoo as a blush is not new, but Fierce and Tangy requires a bit more blending and is easy to look overdone in photos. Self reminder :)

On the eyes:
- Eye bases: Maybelline Color Tattoos in Tenacious Teal and Electric Blue
- Eyeshadows: L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows in Goldmine (to add shine to mid lids) and Eternal Black (just a tiny bit in the crease, an awesome black with silver glitters)
- Brow bone highlight: Annabelle eyeshadow in Aura
- Eye liners: Annabelle Smoothie eyeshadow pencils in Absinthe-Minded and In Mauve-tion
- Mascara: Lancome Hypnose mascara in Black.

In sharpening my Smoothies one night, I realized that I had forgotten to use In Mauve-tion, as it is now the longest pencil among the Smoothie bunch in my drawer. Correcting that now, as no Smoothies should feel left out :)

I like Joe Fresh matte lipsticks, as they are pigmented and not drying. Bubble Gum is not a colour I reach for often, however. Its blue base tends to make me look washed out. It'd look gorgeous on fairer skin toned ladies. Maybelline Vivid lipstick in Pink Pop is a similar case that comes to mind.

Near the end of the day, my face got a little oily but like I said before, the foundation last quite well. All in all, Avon Ideal Flawless foundation is a pretty good medium coverage foundation. I just need a lighter shade for the time being or mix Medium Beige with a lighter colour to match.

We made it half way through the week already, and 4-day long weekend can't come soon enough. I am frustrated with April travel arrangement to Toronto (seat sales are terrible right now), summer care for Squirt above everything else. Times like this, I wish I had a family member living with us, so I can get some extra help in a pinch. Hope your day is going better than mine :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment