Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

1/07/2013

New Radiance skin care

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

I am excited to review for you today products from New Radiance, a Canadian skin care company.

The company carries spa quality skin care products with the tag line “Discover the Skincare Secrets of the Far East”. Ancient India and Asia's youth-maintaining secrets meets Western scientific Nanotechnology (to ensure the ingredients  penetrate into the dermal layers to give the most benefit) for "gorgeous, sexy and radiant skin". Sounds good!

The products are supposed to use top grade botanicals, vitamins A, B1, B3, C, D and E formulations to create full spectrum anti-aging solutions. They all have light fragrance, come in the same tube packaging (1.04oz/ 30ml) with a pump. Suit all skin types.

First product of the line, the Facial Glo Papaya cleansing scrub, $26.

Gentle micro-beads coupled with mild enzymatic activity (derived from natural papaya extract) and Salicylic acid help remove daily dead skin cells, oil, dirt, and makeup from your skin.

The scrub was gentle enough that I used it every other day. The skin felt soft after, clean but not the squeaky clean feeling, which I prefer for the winter.

The scent was light and fruity, quite enjoyable. I did not break out or have any bad side effects. A good scrub overall.

Ingredients: Water, Polyacrylamide, Caprylic Triglyceride, C13-14 isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Aluminum Oxide, Salicylic acid, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, etc.

And then, the Hydrating Thai Algae mask, $28.

Made with Spirulina algae derived from the Indian ocean and naturally occurring vitamins and minerals, the mask is enriched with a complex formulation of Vitamins A1, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E to hydrate the skin and wash away bad effects of the weather, lifestyle and other environmental agents.

I used the mask as suggested - leave on 5-8 minutes (after using the scrub on my face) and wash, once a week. The mask came out of the tube green but went on the skin colourless. It dried comfortably, not tight or cracked. After washed, the skin felt very pampered and soft. The scent was very subtle, almost not noticeable.

Ingredients: Kaolin, Sorbital, Glycerin, Glucose, Butylene Glycol, Bentonite, Laminaria Digitata extract (Sprirulina Algae), Retinol, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Pyridoxal Phosphate, cyanocobalamin, ascorbic acid, etc.

And after a scrub or a mask (or both sometimes), I used the Green Tea Glo Anti-oxidant cream, $39.

The formula combines green tea and organic Thai jasmine, vitamin A (for spot correcting, evening out skin tone), B3 (to fight wrinkles), C (for clarifying and brightening) and E (to soothe and hydrate the skin). Also contains Folic acid and Co-Enzyme Q-10 for cellular regeneration and anti aging. A lot going on in this product.

The cream is yellow out of the tube, quite thick but spreads and absorbs quickly. I was put off a bit with its scent though, not bad or anything but a little herbal/ chemical. Despite that, I used it twice a day as suggested and liked how my skin looked in the morning, young and soft. I am enjoying this 3-step skin care process.

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Hamamelis Virginiana, Isononyl Isononanoate, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Camellia sinensis, Jasminum Sambac leaf cell extract, Stearyl Alcohol, Sodium PCA, etc.

All in all, New Radiance products work well for me and I expect the effects last. The products are available on their website and soon in selected retailers. And new products are launching this year, I hope to see more great ones. 

4 comments:

  1. I am wondering if they have a cleanser without the microbeads (Yes, I will look at the website after commenting :) ). I don't like scrubbing my aging skin every day!

    do you think these products have any 'stand out' qualities? Which product impressed you most? Would you go out and buy these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that might be in the work for this year. The company is so new. I'm addicted to scrubs, feel like I don't wash my face enough without a scrub. I know it's bad.

      I'd buy the green tea cream, as it stands out among the 3, for all the vitamins and Q10, etc :)

      Delete
  2. oh...one more thing. One standout thing for me about this brand is that they are Canadian. That's starting to mean something to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I want to support Canadian brand when I can :) I'm glad you feel the same way

      Delete