Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

7/11/2012

NOTD: Cult Nails Mind Control

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Yes, I am on the dark side now, on my nails that is. This is the season of extremes, I wear either blinding neon colours or really vampy dark shades.

This Cult Nails Mind Control, a colour I passed when it first came out, thinking I don't normally wear shades this dark. But the enabling power of nail blogs pushed me to obtaining it during the $5 sale at Cult Nails.

This is 2 coats, good opacity and beautiful shimmer on top of a very dark purple, almost black. Certainly not a boring shade.

My pics might not show it very well, but Mind Control really has the super power of doing something to my head. Like I said, I went from not wanting to purchase it to wearing it all weekend.

Like all other Cult Nails colours I tried, Mind Control applied easily and wore well on my nails. I like the fact that the brand has been very consistent with quality and good customer service. Despite the fact that there has been so many etsy indie nail polish makers, Cult Nails remains unique in what they do.

I added a coat of Cult Nails Captivated on the accent nails, and was really happy with the combination.

Captivated has always been one of my favorites from Cult Nails. To be honest, it is hard not to favorite any of their shades, lol. I have a backup or two of it, and still don't want to use it too often, fearing it'll run out. You gotta admit, it is fierce and beautiful right?

Hope the sun is shining where you are. We are blessed with a week of warm and sunny weather. Squirt is going to the beach tomorrow, and I'm jealous.

2 comments:

  1. I love Mind Control. If you have their Seduction top coat, the two pair exceptionally well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't caught up with new releases, but Seduction sounds pretty good :)

      Delete