Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

7/09/2012

Murad Intensive Resurfacing Peel review

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

No weekend finds today, ladies. I did get a few small things here and there, you might see them in future posts :)

Instead, let's see a review :) This is Murad Intensive Resurfacing Peel with Durian Cell Reform which I was sent a while back.

The box houses 4 little bottles, 0.17 oz/ 5ml each, retails $45. Durian (a controversy fruit due to its distinctive smell which lots of people hate, lol) is a beauty super fruit, blended with Glycolic Acid, and this Durian Cell Reform is born (without the smell).

Don't be scared of the name, as it is a gentle microdermabrasion, supposedly to provide hydration, antioxidant protection and anti-flamatory benefits, then lessen fine lines and wrinkles, brighten skin tone and smoothing skin texture.

Other noticeable ingredients: Bamboo beads to provide mechanical micro-exfoliation, dried plum extract and vitamin C to brighten the skin for a youthful glow.

Main ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycolic Acid, Galactoarabinan, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Salicylic Acid, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Durio Zibethinus (Durian) Fruit Extract, etc.

To use: Smooth onto clean face and neck, leave on for up to 10 minutes and gently rinse with warm water. Use once a week, follow with moisturizer and sunblock. The consistency is that of a lotion, and I did not feel strong tingling sensation. But that is just me, as my skin is used to that level of exfoliation. For sensitive skin, a test might be necessary - leave the product on for a few minutes to start.

The result: My skin feel refreshed and soft, like the feeling after a great facial at the spa. Certainly is a great treat for my face during stressful time of my life. However, the long term effect is still to be determined, as it would need more than 4 uses to know for sure. I do find that I can probably get 2 uses out of one bottle, but there is always the questionable issue of effectiveness once it is open (and waits until the following week to be used again). Also for the price, when I repurchase, I won't be using it constantly every week but rather a random spa at home kind of thing.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. The weather seems promising this week with +25 temperature, yay for summer dresses!

0 comments:

Post a Comment