Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

6/06/2012

FOTD: Annabelle Hawaian Hues 1

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

This is my first run with the Annabelle Hawaian Hues palette. Pics were taken in the shade under a tree, which explained the "sun spots" on my face.

I went for bright colours:
- Green (second from right) in the outer Vs
- Aqua (fourth from right) in the inner corners
- Gold (far right) in mid lids
- Champagne (far left) for brow bone highlight.

I did find the colours show up better on top of a base, which in this case was Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Tough as Taupe.

This is the best my camera could do in showing the colours with this close-up. They are brighter and more lovely IRL, of course. Again, the aqua is the best shade among this bunch.

Wear wise, the eyeshadows stayed well on my lids during the day. Fading was minimal, nothing to complain about. The gold was a little too close to my skin tone, so I would replace it with a silver next time if I redo this look. It is probably the only shade in the palette that doesn't work for me.

I can't confirm the wear without a base, cause I always wear one under my eyeshadows. This explains why I like cream eyeshadows a lot. They work well as bases or by themselves for those lazy days that I don't want to do any layering on the lids.

The palette is supposed to be out last month, so I'm hoping most Shoppers already have the display out, with some testers so you can play around with it. Note that if you use your fingers to swatch, the colours might not look the same as my swatches, as I used a damp brush - as always.

For the rest of the face:
- Lower lash line eyeliner: Annabelle Smoothie eyeshadow pencil in Down 2 Earth and Smudgeliner in Foxy Grey
- Mascara: Annabelle Le Big Show in Black
- Primer: L'Oreal Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base
- Foundation: Vichy Normaderm Anti-perfection in Sand and MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC37
- Blush: Sally Hansen Natural Beauty Sheerest cream blush in Sunrise
- Lips: Annabelle Heat Wave lip liner and Big Show Lip shine in Rave.

I used MAC Studio Fix Fluid to tone down the pink undertone in Vichy Normaderm foundation, and I think it worked well. Been using bright lip liners a lot to fill in my lips and topped it off with a gloss or lighter lipstick. Glad I grabbed the Annabelle LE liners when they were out.

Have a great day, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Great colour combination! I can't wait to pick up some things from this collection :)

    ReplyDelete