Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

12/28/2010

Boxing Day haul - Part II

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

This is from the second day of the Boxing Week craziness :) I did head out again yesterday and thought I would share the haul.

Sally was a success as red-tagged items were extra 50% off. I was happy that the sale rack wasn't cleared out by the time I got there. Note that all prices I noted will be what were on the red tags, i.e. before the extra discount.

Sets:

On the left: Orly French Polynesian Island Spa Travel Kit for Hands, CAD6.89.

Contents:
- Paradise Polish Renewing Hand buff with Tahitian coconut and Tiare flower (30ml)
- Hot Lava Self-warming Hand Repair mask (28.3gr)
- Tropical Dew Maximum Moisture Hand butter (30ml).

On the right: Finger Paints zebra tote with 2 red nail polish: Romanticism Ruby and Curator's Crimson, CAD4.99.

Nail polish:
- Savvy Garland and Tinsel, CAD2.79 each. The names clearly suggest they are from a holiday collection :) These are the first I got since they changed the bottle design.

- Orly Rockin' Rocket, Meet Me under the Mistletoe (from the 'Tis the Season collection) and It's not Rocket Science (from the famous Cosmic FX collection), CAD4.99 each.

Not a big fan of the huge red tags on the bottles, but in this case, red tags mean extra savings, I can't really complain :)

China Glaze:
- Mummy May I, Zombie Zest, Ick-A-Bod-Y (from the Awakening collection for Halloween), CAD2.49 each
- Jolly Holly (from the 'Tis the Season collection), CAD4.99
- Peppermint Cuticle oil, CAD2.99.

I didn't realize until later that Jolly Holly wasn't in the same price range as the first 3 bottles. Bummer! I got it for a backup only (already got 1 from VNS - I haven't had a chance to post up that haul).

Freebies:
- ion Repair Solutions Effective Care shampoo. I guess this is new this year that besides getting a $5 coupon to use the next purchase, when you renew your card within the month of its expiry, you can get a free ion product up to CAD7.99 value
- Finger Paints Mallory clutch wallet - free with purchase of 3 Finger Paints nail polish
- Orly In A Snap quick dry top coat - free with purchase of 2 Orly nail polish. I'm not very familiar with Orly treatment products, and already had Bonder, so I picked In A Snap, wouldn't want to waste the offer :)

Zellers also had gift sets on 50% off. I didn't get any perfume sets, but found the Elf ones and couldn't resist. If you don't know, Elf's price in Canada isn't in par with that in the US, so a sale would be really nice.

This is the Glitz N' Glam Eyes kit, org. CAD7.99, comes with:
- Eyeshadow and blush duo
- Super Glossy Lip shine
- Lengthening and Defining mascara
- Glittery Liquid Eyeliner, and
- 2 sponge tip applicators.

I just liked the idea of a kit that I grabbed it in a hurry, can't say that anything in it is a must have, based on what I've heard. Might be good as a gift.

Found the last Beauty Encyclopedia - the Eyes kit, Smoky edition on the clearance table, CAD9.99 org.

If you are not familiar with this kit, it comes with 12 eyeshadows, 1 eyeliner, a dual-ended applicator and a built-in mirror, plus a guide on the side.

I have always wanted to pick this one up, as the colour combo is nice and the eyeshadow pans are big enough. The things I hope for is that the colours are pigmented and the palette travels well, i.e. the eyeshadows aren't too easy to break. The packaging does not promise a no-mess solution, so I'm nervous taking it on the road.

There were a few Lip kits left but I'm not big with lip colours, so I left them there for other hunters to find.

This is a lovely trio to own and I wouldn't want to pass on it: nail polish :) This is the only combo I have seen though, just if you are wondering.

The trio has a multi-coloured glittery polish in clear base, a gold glittery shade and a shimmery red. Quite festive, if you ask me, but nothing out of the norm nor unique.

The tag said CAD4.99 on this one. No individual names noted, which is an inconvenience.

The mall I went today also had a Claire's and an Icing. No "5 for CAD5" nail polish like in the first haul, but I did find this 5-pc kit at Icing, org. CAD18.75, on clearance for 75% off as part of their holiday bunch.

I tried to take pics of the set in its original packaging (hard paper sleeve, clear plastic tray with slots to house the bottles, quite nice) but the flash either glared badly or didn't work well enough.

So here they are out of the packaging. There were 3 different sets, but I only got 1. This set has a nice selection of colours, quite sparkly/ shimmery.

Note that these are minis (compared to Icing's regular size), but are still 12ml each, still bigger than bottles  from a few other brands out there. I didn't mind this at all.

Again, nothing extremely different here (well, maybe except the first one on the right, as I can't say what colour it is for real, it keeps changing), and no names.

I think we'll be back to regular routine starting today - sleeping in a bit, skating at noon for Squirt, less shopping :) Might hop out to see a movie or something. Can't wait to see everyone's Boxing Day hauls.

10 comments:

  1. great haul - the only thing I got from my sally was the "its not rocket science" - they didn't have much selection left! too bad! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of nail polish! Great haul =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it sounds like you picked up some really great deals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your support :)

    Liquoredonlacquer, I think I had better luck as this is a smaller town, not many people went polish hunting. Sorry you couldn't find more

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually bought four orly nail polishes and didn't get any treatment free. :( Maybe it's for your location only cuz I called 3 different locations and none of them had that deal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BelleJoie, it was not a deal in the flyer. There was a stack of coupons attached to the Orly display "buy 2 nail polish get a free treatment", got till the end of the month

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh really? They didn't have those coupons at any of the locations I went to. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm surprised, cause Sally is normally good with coupons, they put it near the display

    ReplyDelete