Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

4/21/2010

Irresistibly Ivy

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Hi everyone, I'm back with another FOTD. Here I am going for green and bronze eyes, strong brows and berry lips.

Main Maybelline items used in this look:
- Color Plush Ready to Wear palette in Irresistibly Ivy
- Color Pearls Marbelized Eyeshadow in Ivy Icon (broken)
- Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner in Blackest Black
- XXL Pro Curl Mascara.

What I did after priming the face, applying foundation and adding a lid primer:
- Use the lighter side of the marbleized shadow all over the lid as the wash colour
- Apply the lightest shade of the palette in the inner corners and under the brow bones, and apply the lighter bronze in the mid lids

- With a blending/ crease brush, swipe the darker side of the marbleized shadow in the outer corners and the crease and blend in and upward
- Retouch the bronze colour in the mid lids
- Line my upper lash lines with the gel eyeliner

- Line my lower lash lines with Annabelle Smudgeliner in Oh My Goth and use the sponge tip to smudge it out
- With a smudge brush, apply the teal colour on the lower lash lines right on top of the black liner for a strong pop of colour

- Curl my lashes and apply mascara
- Fill in my brows with a black (instead of dark brown) brow pencil. I wanted to experiment with a bold brow look. It is fun for this look but I don't recommend doing this on daily basis. And ignore the messy brows, I was in a hurry.

On the rest of the face:
- Marcelle Matte Finish Foundation
- Jane Blushstix in Shimmering Peach
- Rimmel Rich Moisture Lipstick in Honey
- Marcelle Vita-Lip Plumping Gloss in Nude.

And this is the final look. Everyone, meet Sparkled Beauty, lol.

Thanks to your positive feedbacks on my previous Navy Narcissist FOTD, I have the courage to try more looks and post them up on the blog. Without the Maybelline EyeStudio kit and your support, it might take a lot longer for me to do this. Just want to say thank you and I love you all!


Looks like we finally see the sun today. Still chilly but bright and cheerful. Have a good one!

12 comments:

  1. Pretty!! Another shattered shadow? :( I love this combination on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG seriously blogger is hating wordpress when it comes to commenting. I go through the entire tedious process only to be rejected in the end, and my comment is gone...

    Anyway LOVELY!
    I can't believe you did it, but hurray for you :)

    And I guess you did get the matchstick traincase XD when I saw the goods, I admit I did regret banning maybelline for life, but their ignorant comments did not do anything to help that. so meh. ill live through the posts that are up XD

    anyway love it, and congrats^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh it's pretty! You should do more FOTD :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those are some totally cool eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the eye makeup! I'm not used to wearing green, but it toally suits you!

    Actually, I'm a Avon rep myself LOL. And yes, it's a total hassle -_-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jessica, Latinminx, thanks ladies :-)

    Naz, yep, I got 2 broken shadows. I'm glad the combo worked out on me :-)

    rasilla, sorry that you had a hard time commenting. Please don't stop though :-) Thanks for the compliment hun

    missmicchan, thanks so much for the encouragement. I'll try to do more

    Perry, I'm still learning :-)

    Gaby, I love experimenting so I'd try any colour :-) Thanks for the comment girl. You are an Avon rep and they still don't ship stuff to you right? Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love your eye makeup, the gold and green really stand out!

    One thing I don't like about Maybelline is how sparkly all their eyeshadows is.

    I have the sunlit bronze quad and it just looks like a big mess of gold shimmers after i'm done x.X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fay, thank you hun :-) Yeah, most of the shadows I got are shimmery. I'll check to see if there's a matte shade in there to do a FOTD

    ReplyDelete