Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

9/01/2009

Aromaleigh "Hot in the City"

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Aromaleigh is one of the mineral makeup brands that I appreciate. Their pigments are of great quality, strong staying power and vibrant colours.

Last time when Aromaleigh released the LE Hot in the City collection, I was so intrigued. Just look at the colours, how can you afford not to get them?

The shades retailed $8 a jar which was a bit more than what I normally pay for my pigments. So when the collection went on 25% sale to retire, plus an offer of extra 20% discount store-wide, I grabbed a few important shades at $4.80 each.

This is one beautiful collection that I couldn't manage to skip. I got 6 jars and am going to use the website description for the shades.

Top row: Heat wave (warm golden luster with iridescent pink highlights and tiny golden sparkles)

Middle row: Socialite (roses, mauves and browns in a lustrous frost with bright sparks of pinky mauve) and Italian Ice (sweet and tart bright lemon yellow with pretty pink sparkles throughout)

Bottom row: Swelter (lustrous tangerine with a pink iridescent highlight and contrasting purple sparkles), Lady Liberty (lustrous smokey blue green frost, the shade of weathered copper) and Coney Island (joyous green apple luster with bright sparks of green).

I picked the 3 free sample from the same collection as well: Girl's Night Out (warm purple frost with bright green sparkles), 24 hours (deep coppered garnets, smooth and lustrous with tiny sparkles of gold and pink) and Hustle & Bustle (a warm coppery brown shade with iridescence of pearlized greens and roses). I was happy that I get to try out a good selection of shades from this collection.

The bottom right corner is a sample of Sylvie - a mineral Colour Creme for lips.

I bought samples of Aromaleigh's Valentine collection before and really loved them. The only reasons I don't shop there often are the shipping cost (flat rate $5 for any order under $40 which isn't necessary fair if I only order a few samples) and the higher price ($8/ jar).

Sorry I couldn't post about this collection any sooner, as the order just arrived yesterday. The collection is sold out already, but there will be great ones on the site and more to come. Right now, you can save 20% on Aromaleigh with code "virgo20" till September 6. This discount even applies to the weekly 25% off items.

Talking about sales, The She Space also has 20% off all full sized eye pigments until September 7 - including LEs (which comes down to $3.60/ jar). You'll have to open different windows to check out all the collections, and then put the shades' names in the box at the sale page.

Now this might be the chance that I was waiting for when posting about the Leo collection. Should I get it now? If you are in the US, join TSS's Savvy Shoppers Club for extra 15% rebate on your purchases. Similar program that works for International orders is in the work. I can't wait.

Photo credit (the first picture): aromaleigh.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment