Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

8/03/2009

Weekend finds

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

As Winners took all the glory this weekend, I didn't buy much from other stores. But that didn't mean I didn't have good finds :-)

The L'Oreal Bronze Gone Brazen Collection was 50% off at Superstores. The display was quite empty when I spotted it. I did want to get a few items from this collection but they weren't really on the cheap side for drugstore makeup. At half price point, they were more reasonable to me.

There were only 2 Wear Infinite quads in this collection, and I got both, fearing they will be gone if I didn't. The shades are really bronze pretty. Sizzling Safari (left) is meant for lighter skin, Copper Caravan (right) is more for my kinda tone. The printed pattern on clear lid was awesome and appealing, at least to me :-)

The polish and the Colour Riche lip gloss are both in Safari Sunset, warm and rich shade of bronze. Too bad all the bronzers (3 shades) were gone, so I didn't have a chance to try them out.

What I paid: CAD4.94 each for the quads and lip gloss, CAD2.84 for the polish.

From Shoppers, I got Sally Hansen Nail Nutrition Daily Growth Treatment and Green Tea + Bamboo Nail Strengthener. They were on sale for CAD6.99, plus the CAD2 coupons on the package. Even better, they came with bonus Sally Hansen Line Smoothing Mineral Lip Treament in Pink Saphire and Citrine. What not to love?

The Life brand (Shoppers' home brand) lip balms were BOGO (regular CAD2.49), so I picked up Acai & Mango, and Cara Cara & Guava flavours. I like the idea of yummy flavours, plus the shea & cocoa butter, coconut oil and vitamin E. The pots were 7.5gr, a little smaller than The Body Shop lip butter (8.5gr) that are sold for CAD8. If they do work well, this is not a bad purchase at all.

I just realize this haul illustrates my shopping habit very well. I'm normally drawn to eyeshadows, nail polish, nail treatment and relevant items, lol.

And on my nails this weekend is Revlon Scented when Dry polish in Mad About Mango. This is the second shade in the collection that I tried after Not So Blue-berry. This one is a lot brighter, bolder kinda orange shade, a little harder to apply but opaque after 2 coats. The colour appeared a lot brighter IRL. The scent is subtle and nicely sweet. I added China Glaze Fairy Dust on top for some jazz.

I enjoy this collection so far. The scent is certainly a nice bonus to the colours being summer-y and all that.

Oh, before I forget, I spotted Batiste Dry Shampoo at Shoppers for CAD8.99. It's not a bad price at all, considering it was only CAD1 more expensive than the sale price I paid at Sally last week. So if you want to pick one up, you know where to find it :-) Have a great day guys.

4 comments:

  1. You are finding some great deals lately! I liked the polishes in the L'Oreal bronze collection very much. And of course, who doesn't love those Revlon scented ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, yeah, I'm on the run. I saw that there were 4 shades of polish in this collection but only saw 1 left in the display :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, scented nail polish?? I really like the coral shade you're wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is one bright colour :-) Yeah, the scent kinda is what got me into these polishes at the first place

    ReplyDelete