Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

8/10/2009

Giorgio Armani Face Fabric review

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

I had a fortunate opportunity to receive the Giorgio Armani Face Fabric Second Skin Nude Makeup SPF12 from Julia at More than a Pretty Face. The shade (#4 - Medium Beige) wasn't right for her but happened to be right for me, so she offered it to me to try it out.

Julia was so sweet to send me not only the Giorgio Armani makeup as agreed but also a few goodies: 2 Eye Majic Instant eye shadows and a Sukicolor Pure Creme Stain sample. I haven't had a chance to try the extras out, maybe they can be in the spotlight of another review :-)

Straight from the website:
Face fabric is an invisible makeup with a 3D Micro-fil technology. Its unique Micro-fil formulations bring lightness and fluidity to makeup, allowing infinite blending and layering to enhance the natural glow of the skin. The product is a CEW 2009 Face Product Prestige Award Winner, and retails at US$45.

After testing the product for about a week, here're my thoughts on my first Giorgio Armani product ever.
- The packaging: a tube, no finger dipping, no contamination concern. I just squeezed it on my hand and used a brush to apply.
- The texture: light on the touch, blended right in and absorbed quickly. No oily feeling left behind.
- The coverage: quite sheer. I only used it where needed, not my entire face, with concealer underneath it for desirable level of coverage. If you are looking for a bit more coverage, this might not be the product for you.
- The effect: worked well with my skin tone (olive), my skin condition (old acne scars, dark spots) and the weather (hot). The makeup offers a natural polished look after a few brush strokes.
- Staying power: all day, until I took it off. No need for touch up.
- The sun protection: could be better. SPF12 is more for the spring or fall. In the summer, I'd use moisturizer with higher SPF underneath the makeup.

The brush I used is from the Sarah Ashton 7-pc brush set. I quite liked it, smooth application, no shedding, no scratchy bristles. The red wallet that houses the brushes is a nice touch, great for travelling.

The swatch on the far left is Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation in Pure Beige, the other 2 are Giorgio Armani makeup, for comparison. The mousse has pink undertone while the makeup has beige/yellow undertone, which explains why it matched my skintone better.

So, in short, I am happy with how the product performed and will continue using it whenever I want a a natural/light makeup look - great for work.

Thanks Julie for this opportunity. Giorgio Armani makeup sure is a nice addition to my stash. This review is about how the product worked for me, and in no circumstances that I would give a false review.

4 comments:

  1. I have heard good things about this foundation. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this brush set in the photo, and the red wallet... Could you maybe do a separate review of these brushes? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shopn'Chomp, I'm glad you like the review. Maybe you can get a sample to see how you like it :-)

    Rocaille, sure I will do a review on the brushes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice review! I think spending a little more for skin products like foundation are actually worth it for the appearance of flawless skin.

    ReplyDelete