Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

2/06/2017

Annabelle Spring 2017 palettes

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

It is snowing outside, and temp dropped. Still we are looking forward to Spring makeup releases, the brighter side of life.

I received Annabelle Spring 2017 products last month while I was away and am slowly getting them on the blog. Bear with me!

Today features the 2 new palettes that have been quite a surprise in performance. Not that I had low expectations with them, just that their common appearance understated how great the eyeshadows are. Let me show you what I mean.

This is Annabelle Skinny palette in Taupe Neutrals Basics. 5 neutral toned eyeshadows, pretty but not something that has not been done before right?

Well, not too quick to judge. Suggested to be used as eyeliner, crease colour, accent colour, lid colour and highlighter, the eyeshadows in this palette are smooth, very easy to build up and blend, and do not lose the intensity once blended.

The surprise is most colours swatch more intensely than how they appear in the pan, especially the second shade from the left. The 2 shades on the far right also have more depth and are gorgeous on the lids. The darkest shade seems to be matte while the rest has a bit of a sheen. All in all, Taupe Neutrals Basics is a warm neutral palette with a kick!

I am itching to check out the other 5 colour combinations - New Eve Goldy Browns, Spring Rosy Hues, Summer Purple Shades, Fall Khaki Harmony and Winter Smoky Look for more surprises, 7.65g/ 0.296oz, $9.95 each.

Now the Eye & Brow palette gives you more colour options and finishes in a compact. Supposedly with 2 eyebrow powders, 2 highlight powders and 6 powder eyeshadows from matte to metallic, the palette is intended to be more versatile.

As eyeshadows, they are almost to the same quality as the ones in the Skinny palette above, slightly less pigmented on the first swipe but build up fine. I enjoy all the finishes, even the 2 glittery shades on the lower left which turn out to be not too chunky on top of pigmented bases. The off white on the first row and the light pink beige on the second row have beautiful sheen, brighten the lids instantly.

Depending on your hair colour, you might argue about the shades that can be used as brow powders. For me, the upper right shade is warm enough but not dark enough, and when applied with the included applicator (not stiff enough for precise application, I note), it kicks up a bit in the pan. I think I will continue to use the palette mainly for eyeshadows only unless I have a dark brow gel to pair.

I would recommend this palette (9.3g/ 0.32oz, reg. $12.95) if you want to experiment warm shades with different finishes, but go for the Skinny palette when travel or for basic neutral looks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment