Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

10/24/2016

Sephora Ultra Shine lip gels

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Hi guys, it has been a while. My draft posts keep piling up but I was just distracted with many things in life. I am trying to return to regular posting scheduling now.

I have something pretty to show you today :) Sephora Ultra Shine lip gels have been out for a while then a few shades landed on the sale page and I jumped on the chance to grab them.

I got Mint and Blue Lagoon, 0.11oz, $16 reg., on sale $6 each, and 2 of the 4 (LE) Holographic shades - Pretty Princess (fuchsia) and Good Fairy (salmon pink), $18 reg., on sale for $9.

Ultra Shine lip gels are lip glosses with a light-reflecting plumped shine, inspired by gel nail polishes, with light and hydrating texture. The Holographic colours are with 3D shine and a shimmer formula meant for the holiday season.

Packaging is definitely eye catching, especially with the little "gems" on the top of the cap, with colour coordination and shade names printed on. The tubes are reasonably large, stand out in the stash for sure.

I do not notice a difference in finishes between the core shades and those from the Holographic collection. They sure give the lips the gorgeous shine with slightly sticky feel but do not last long enough on to have an impact on hydration, in my opinion. The scent is slightly minty and sweet, quite pleasant.

Now depending on the shade choices, some hardly have any pigmentation - case in point: Mint and Blue Lagoon, meant to be toppers. The tint is not enough to tell them apart, so you do not need both.

Pretty Princess and Good Fairy are very fun to wear, and the base is still light enough to let the lip colour show through. I wear them in the center of the lips for nightouts and will definitely have a lot of use over the holiday.

All in all, I love the lip gels as shine toppers and am happy with them for the price I paid. I might check out the opaque shades in the line another time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment