Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

8/10/2016

Marcelle Fall 2016 - makeup

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

It is also Fall release time at Marcelle. Today's post feature the makeup items I received.

The Ultimate Easy Lash mascara, $9.95, is said to offer an all in one deal for your lashes - volume, length and definition.

I am a fan of its angled brush. The longer bristles near the bottom of the brush offer the outer lashes better coverage, and the brush is of the right size for my eyes, not too big nor too small.

The formula lasts through the day and does not flake off nor is hard to remove but note that it does not claim waterproof.

The Ultimate Fringe Effect mascara, $12.95, has much longer (and more flexible) handle, is designed to give you length, curl and volume.

The flex polymer wand has "parabolic hooks" that even out clumps. I like a bit of control during application, so the bendable neck on this wand is a bit risky for me.

And you know what I'll say at this point right? Curling effect hardly ever works on my lashes, so on me, the Ultimate Fringe Effect does almost the same thing as the Ultimate Easy Lash but without the cool angled brush.

For the face, the Flawless makeup line is a joy to dive into in this summer weather.

It has been quite a while since I used a compact/ cream foundation. I always need the good coverage, but have opted for lightweight foundations in the last year, for simplicity and time saving. The Flawless compact foundation fits right in.

And because of that, I always need a concealer in the routine. Glad to have the Flawless concealer to test out together with the compact foundation.

The Flawless skin-fusion compact foundation is described to be weightless and easy to blend thanks to the auto-adapting pigments.

Don't we agree that compact foundations are normally creams, and therefore, heavier in texture and finish? Well this Flawless foundation definitely set itself apart from that.

Packing is nice and sturdy, the sponge and mirror are just as travel friendly as the compact itself.

The shade I got is Buff Beige, a little light for my skin tone but since it blends out into nothing, the slightly light shade becomes a brightening product strategically.

Also, it gives me the best natural looking skin I could have, especially in hot weather. I hardly feel it on my face, and through the day, it does not turn greasy. The almost powder finish does not require a setting powder but I do set it for wear time.

Coverage, however, is light to medium at most, even when I use a dense kabuki brush. For post-acne flaws like mine, you cannot go without a concealer after this foundation.

It is paraben/ oil/ perfume free, available in 6 shades. The compact is 6.5g, $17.95.

The Flawless skin fusion concealer is also in the same realm - lightweight, easy to blend with auto adapting pigments and light to medium coverage.

The flat sided applicator is soft and deposits product well on the face.

And similarly, the Light to Medium shade brightens my face where it is applied. It does not hide dark circles/ spots completely on its own but makes them look less visible and more natural. For that reason, I still suggest colour correcting for dark circles before applying this concealer. Since the product does not claim to have good coverage, I cannot flaw it for that.

It is paraben/ oil/ perfume free, also available in Fair and Medium to Dark. The tube has 0.18oz/ 5.6ml, retails $10.95.

For the lips, there are new additions to the Rouge Xpression lipstick line - Pink Lace, Berry Blossom and Show of Pink.

What I said about these lipsticks in the 2011 review in the above link still remains true. They are creamy, very comfortable on, non drying with decent wear time. The Maxi-Lip complex in the formula is said to hydrate (confirmed) and add volume to the lips (not very visible on me).

With all that said, I am always happy to see more shades adding to the lineup.

Pink Lace (cream) is the nude with a cool beige undertone, does not show up on me unless I prep with a lip liner. Berry Blossom (pearl) is beautiful and quite bright, still wearable for day looks, and Show of Pink (cream) is its toned down version, shows up less coral and more pink than how it looks in the tube. Fun to mix and match them too.

The lipsticks are perfume/ gluten free, $11.95 each.

0 comments:

Post a Comment