Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

8/18/2016

L'Oreal RevitaLift Bright Reveal

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

I have been very diligent on the Glycolic Acid train this year with Pixi Glow Tonic exfoliating toner, Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix Night pads Extreme (both with 5% Glycolic Acid) and Reversa Solution for oily and acne-prone skin (8% Glycolic Acid).

Joining that train is the brand new L'Oreal RevitaLift Bright Reveal brightening peel pads with 10% Glycolic complex.

Described as an anti-wrinkle plus brightening treatment for skin darkening pigment below the surface from aging and past acne marks, these pads could potential do more than exfoliating. The Glycolic complex in the formula is a combination of Glycolic Acid, Citric Acid and HEPES (a buffering agent) to promote enzyme activities to encourage cell turnover, brighten the skin and reduce wrinkles.

The question is because it is a complex, would the 10% indicated mean for all 3 ingredients? I have no way to figure out what exactly the percentage of just Glycolic Acid itself, thought I should mention that. Still, the product sound like something I have to hunt down to try for myself, doesn't it?

The tub is quite large and holds 30 of the multi-ply textured pillow pads (half the amount in Nip+Fab Glycolic Fix) for almost the same price ($14.97 at Walmart vs. $16.99 for Glycolic Fix). I would assume we are paying more for higher concentration of Glycolic Acid in the formula, but my original question remains.

Unlike Glycolic Fix, suggested to be used 2-3 times a week, RevitaLift Bright Reveal pads can be used nightly, which I do. They are quite thick, slightly larger than a cotton round, one side is textured and the other is smooth (I use both). They do not sting my skin and do not have much of a scent.

Like I mentioned with other glycolic products, I count on their promise to exfoliate, resurface dead skin cells but the effect is not easy to detect. For Bright Reveal, it is also said to brighten and reveal youthful and glowy looking skin, which I can't say I see after a week or two of use.

One more thing that I question with this product is the alcohol being the second ingredient in the list after water and Glycolic Acid quite further down.

Ingredients: Water, Alcohol Denat., Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Glycolic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Benzyl Salicylate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Peg-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Ppg-26-Buteth-26, Fragrance, F.I.L. # C186330/1.

Overall, I appreciate the 10% Glycolic complex in Bright Reveal but for the amount of pads vs. the price, and the ingredients, I think I will stick with the other alternatives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment