We cannot discuss Kiehl's skin care without mentioning the famous Midnight Recovery concentrate. I was excited to have this night time facial oil (together with the day
time one, discussed below) in the routine the expert at Kiehl's
suggested for me.
- Evening primrose: repairs skin barrier and boosts radiance
- Lavender essential oil: helps sooth irritated skin and reduce skin blotchiness
- Squalane: helps restore skin's natural moisture balance.
Now, I tried quite a few facial oils before, some work better than others. Midnight Recovery concentrate is in the good performance group - absorbs quickly, keeps skin hydrated and smooth feeling over time without an irritating scent. I sometimes even skipped the moisturizer before bed :)
I was surprised to learn that it only takes 2-3 drops of the oil to cover my whole face if I drop it on top my palm first before applying onto the skin. This 15ml bottle is still more than half full after more than 2 months of daily use.
The oil is paraben free, available in 1oz/ 30ml for $54, 1.7oz/ 50ml $77 and 3.4oz/ 100ml $125.
The formula includes naturally-derived oils:
- Tamanu botanical oil: helps reduce the appearance of daily damage, soothes skin
- Sunflower botanical oil: helps strengthen skin's barrier, improves texture and hydration
- Ginger Root essential oil: helps defend skin from free radicals with anti-oxidant protection.
The day time effects are harder to notice, because of the makeup that follows the skin care routine, but the hydration and smoothing actions sure are detectable. Daily Reviving concentrate is paraben and mineral oil free. This 15ml size is $30, also available in 1oz/ 30ml $54 and 1.7oz/ 50ml $77.
I know it is not easy to tell facial oils apart based on how they look and what they actually do on the skin, especially in the long run, but I appreciate the different blends for different times of the day, different purposes, especially for mature skin like mine. The extra few seconds to add them in the routine are going to be worth it.