4/14/2016Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty
To end Elf week on the blog, I have Elf Essential brush set to show you.
- Eyelash & brow wand: works fine on my brows
- Eyeshadow brush: dense enough to deposit eyeshadows well, but the bristles are a bit short which results in the ferule scratching the eyeshadow pan
- Eyeliner brush: meant for both wet and dry formulas. It feels firm but not scratchy, but have not used it enough to form an opinion
- Concealer brush: same material as the eyeliner brush. The super fine tip works well for spot concealing
- Smudge eye sponge: to smudge and blend eyeliner for smokey eyes but I prefer a brush.
The daily brush cleaner is to disinfect brushes between uses, before you could give them a proper wash.
Well, the cleaner does an ok job with small brushes that were used for powder products but takes longer for those with cream/ gel products. And it has quite a strong scent that might be off-putting to some and I would hesitate to recommend it.
A glance at the ingredients (Alcohol Denat., Water and Fragrance) hints that you can totally make this brush cleanser yourself as well. The bottle is 2.02oz/ 60ml, $3 on its own on Elf website.
The complete set is no longer sold on Elf website but I still it at Winners and Superstore sometimes, thought I would get you covered if you consider a purchase.