Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

3/22/2016

Quo Spring 2016 - Face

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Available this month with classic black packaging and gorgeous 3D-painted-glass-looking front is Quo Spring collection I received for review.

The red themed packaging is the face palette, blue themed for brows (to be featured today) while the pink/ purple theme is for eyes (reviewed tomorrow).

The palettes have a weight to them, feel sturdy in my hand. The front also feels heavy and will tip the palette over if you have it at about 45 degree angle, so make sure you open it all the way or hold on to them when in use.

There are 2 Prismatic face palettes in the collection - Stardust (left) and Moonwalk (right). And they are specials in a few different ways.

Firstly, I love the fact that the pans spread out across the palette, no wasted space.

Secondly, the blushes and bronzers appear to have scarce glitter particles on the surface but don't dismiss the palettes because of it. They do not transfer to the face (and to the swatches below).

The colours have soft texture and great buildability. They go on lightly on the first swipe but build up very easily, catering different intensity preferences in face products for you.

The highlighters are also smooth and beautiful, with noticeable but still subtle shine. I am happy we get all 3 products in one palette but wish the highlighter gets the same size of pan as I can see myself using it every day.

Stardust has the traditional colour choices that might suit more than one skin tone. The shades look slightly different in warm and cool lighting, as you see, all have the iridescent finish to them.

And thirdly, I fell hard for Moonwalk because of the cool-toned "bronzer", quite rare for drugstores. Hardly a bronzer as it is very light with an almost lilac undertone, it reminds me of Hourglass Mood Light. I use it along the frame of my face as a finish powder.

The blush and bronzer are 6g each, highlighter 3.4g, $18 for each palette.

In a much smaller and blue-patterned compact, is the Prismatic brow kit.

It only comes in one colour combination, with a wax/ cream and 2 shades of brown powders. The wax is very soft but applies well, does not get messy and dries soft as well. I use the light brown for the inner third of the brows and the dark brown for the rest. The colours look quite natural on, which I enjoy.

The tiny dual-ended brush is tiny, not easy to hold, but it does the job. One slightly more firm end for the wax and the softer end for the powders. All in all, it is a fun little brow kit, not a must have but it works for me.

The cream is 0.5g and powders are 1.2g each. The kit sells for $12.

2 comments:

  1. I'm obsesssssed with the packaging!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very creative/ artsy with the packaging every season, aren't they?

      Delete