3/14/2016Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty
- Mineral Wear All-in-one cushion foundation
- #InstaReady Super BB cream
- Eye Booster Doll Lash Extension kit and 4-in-1 Brow Boosting kit.
Being a drugstore brand, Physicians Formula has gone pretty pricy, I realized. Make sure to catch a big sale and use those $9 rebate stickers on the packaging to save.
I have gone super curious about brow products recently, obviously could not pass up on this convenient kit.
Held inside the plastic box are 2 items for a complete brow routine:
- The pencil has one end to shape and fill, and the other end to highlight
- The metal tube houses a lightweight tinted gel to set the brow, and the double-sided brush/ comb at the top to groom.
The gel does not dry hard so the brow looks more natural, but I find the tint is still a little light for my hair colour, so the fill-in step with the pencil is still necessary.
The proper order for the kit:
- Use the brush and comb to brush brow hair into place
- Apply highlighter under brow following the arch, blend. Can also add highlighter above the arch and blend for an instant brow lift.
- Brush brow gel onto brows in light, upward strokes to set.
The pencil in the kit is chubby, slightly smaller than Annabelle Brow Show brow liner + highlighter (0.06oz/ 1.8g vs. 0.07oz/ 2.21g). My brows needs quite a bit of filling so the darker end of the pencil wears out faster than the highlight end.
The highlighter feels more creamy than the pencil, which is normal. I swatched them next to the 2 ends of Annabelle Brow Show (right). Very similar, with the highlighter being slightly more pink. They hold the brows through the day, I am happy.
The product is fragrance/ paraben/ gluten and cruelty free, safe for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers.