Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

2/01/2016

Revlon Ultra HD matte lip colours

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

It happens that I have bought quite a few matte items in the last little while, thought I should do a matte themed week on the blog.

Starting it up are Revlon Ultra HD matte lip colours in Devotion and Flirtation, claim to have a wax-free gel formula, with a lightweight and velvety matte finish.

First to note: they appear semi matte with a thin coat and do not dry completely. Layering will add shine to the colours, which appears to be hard to avoid because they do not have good coverage.

Secondly, they do not perform well on their own. They on sit on my lips no matter how much or little product I use. If it is because of the lip balm I use, this would be the first case ever. I cannot get an even and opaque application with either shade unless I prep my lips with a lip liner beforehand.

The packaging is awesome though - rounded oval frosted matte tube, with a silver cap and a tapered sponge tip. The fruity vanilla scent is fun too, not overwhelming.

I get decent wear out of these, but since they do not dry completely (like a gloss), they do transfer.

The swatches are taken with natural light and flash to show you the lack of shimmers but the existence of shine also. Devotion (left) and Flirtation (right) are both easy to wear.

First case of satin finish being advertised as matte in the product name :)

The tubes are 0.2oz/ 5.9ml, $9.96 each. There are darker colours in the range of 8 shades available. If you can make these work without a lip liner, I would love to hear.

0 comments:

Post a Comment