Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

12/21/2015

Teeez Read My Lips lipstick

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Back in November, Glam Sense review program (under the Topbox umbrella) was open for registration. I received Teeez Read My Lips lipstick in Roulette Red as in the very first box for review.

Teeeze is a high end cosmetic brand based in the Netherlands, hence more popular in Europe. The lipstick I received was made in Italy.

The brand has an online store that ships within the US but not Canada. However, Teeez products had appeared in a few Canadian Topbox subscriptions in the past and now this campaign. I would assume the brand is testing the market here.

Read My Lips lipsticks are supposed to be creamy, long lasting (up to 8 hours) and nourishing/ hydrating (coconut oil extract) with highly pigmented coverage and a satin, matte finish.

The packaging is adorable - beautiful white thin long tube with illustration on the cap and the paper box.

Only 1 shade is listed on the US site (Killing Me Softly), leaving me wondering if Roulette Red is part of the expanded shade range or the line is being revamped.

Roulette Red is a mauvy red, and the semi matte finish makes it easier to wear than a matte classic red. I love the colour on me but only get about 5 hours wear. It is not particular drying but does have a floral scent, noticeable upon application.

My problem with this particular lipstick is, however, its design. The thin bullet and angle cut tip give a precise application, but is also breakage prone in this case. The bullet felt a little loose inside the tube upon swatching and after about 3 wears, it broke off.

I did not twist the bullet up very high nor leave it in direct sunlight, and it was sitting inside its protective box during my long flight, so I have nothing else to blame. I can still use the lipstick with a broken bullet, but for a high end brand like Teeez, I expect more.

The tube has 0.07oz/ 2g of product, retails $22 on the US site.

1 comment:

  1. That's too bad the lipstick didn't work out so well. Sometimes that happens when we review a product. I wouldn't want a floral scent in my lipstick.

    ReplyDelete