Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

9/09/2015

Hard Candy All Matte Up

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Now that we started Hard Candy Fall 2015 collection with the Fierce Effects lipsticks, let's continue with the All Matte Up hydrating lip stains.

Now the All Glossed Up lip crayons have been out since 2013, I only have one shade - Love Bite. The new lineup for All Matte Up is quite limited, so I only got 2 to try.

Here are Earthy Marsala and Berry Matte. I was hoping for fall-ish colours since it is probably about time that we reach for darker/ warmer shades.

The tubes have plastic seals on them so I went with the packaging colours, which looked quite different. Once swatched, seen below, however, they are nowhere near those indication and and the red base makes them look quite similar on the lips.

The natural light pic on the right does show the matte finish, and more muted colours. Still not deep enough for Fall, unfortunately.

And for Hard Candy to call them hydrating lip stains, I am not sure I see any staining effect when the colours wear off on my lips. They are not drying but not extremely moisturizing either.

I do enjoy the All Matte Up on until they slowly fade after a few hours, or after a meal. Don't know if they stand out among other matte lip crayons in the market.

The tubes are 0.081oz/ 2.3g, $5.98 each.

2 comments: