Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

6/22/2015

Maybelline 100 Year Anniversary

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Maybelline celebrates their 100 Year Anniversary this year with a LE collection in special printed packaging. I cannot see myself missing out on the collection and had wanted more than one thing. It would boil down to what Canada gets.

It took a few "hunting trips", but I found the collection at Walmart. Since there was no sign of the matte Master Glaze blush stick (Pursuit of Pink) that came out in the US, I decided on the 3 Color Sensational lipsticks - Purposeful Mauve, Magenta-bulous and Berry Chic.

Since the caps are not see-through, I thought I should show you the bullet colours before getting to the swatches.

The flash brings out the beautiful blue sheen that Magenta-bulous have, and Berry Chic appears more metallic while Purposeful Mauve appears to be semi matte.

The scent is the typical Maybelline lipstick scent, if you are familiar with it.

Purposeful Mauve is a peachy nude, more flattering on me than a pure nude but I find it a bit more drying than other Maybelline lipsticks. Magenta-bulous has the best pigmentation and ease of application. Berry Chic builds up nicely on the lips and becomes my daily darker pink work shade.

I enjoy the sheen and the colours of these lipsticks, though are not particularly unique. If you come across the display, I would suggest a look before it's too late :)

2 comments: