Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

4/20/2015

The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Being a "dedicated" tea drinker in the last few years, I worship green tea for its antioxidant qualities. I was super excited to receive a few samples from The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea collection [Revive the Body, Detox the Mind].

Being prepared that a Fuji Green Tea body product would not smell 100% like a cup of green tea, I like the way The Body Shop does it.

The scent still carries a strong tea smell but with added sweet notes to make it easy those who don't drink tea in general. Squirt does not like it, which hints the scent might be an acquired taste to some.

I thoroughly enjoy the body wash. I need that delicious crisp scent to wake me up and recharge me for the day ahead before I could grab a real cup of tea :)

The formula includes Community Fair Trade honey (from Ethiopia), and it lathers well being soap free, I like it even more.

Ingredients: Water (solvent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (surfactant), Glycerin (humectant), Sodium Chloride (viscosity modifier), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (surfactant), Fragrance, Polyglyceryl-2 Caprate (skin-conditioning agent), Sodium Benzoate (preservative), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Honey (humectant), etc.

The bottle is 250ml, retails $9.

The body scrub looks yummy enough to eat. I can't get enough of that mint colour with darker green little particles in the jar.

Also enriched with Community Fair Trade honey from Ethiopia, the scrub is used alternatively with the wash above, especially when I need some help with detoxing the body of those dead skin cells.

Ingredients: Water (solvent), Glycerin (humectant), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (surfactant), Fragrance, Cellulose Acetate (film former), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifying agent), Benzyl Alcohol (preservative), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Caprylyl Glycol (humectant), Honey (humectant), etc.

The jar (plastic, with metal lid) is 250ml, $22.

Then, follow things up with a body lotion.

I am more of a body butter person, but if you are looking for a lighter texture in your body moisturizer, this body lotion works great.

Enriched with Community Fair Trade Sesame Seed oil from Nicaragua, which is also in the formula of some Moringa products, one of my favorite scents at The Body Shop.

Ingredients: Water (solvent), Glycerin (humectant), Ethylhexyl Palmitate (emollient), Ceteareth-20 (emulsifier), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil (emollient), Steareth-2 (emulsifier), Bertholletia Excelsa Seed Oil (emollient), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Fragrance, Caprylyl Glycol (skin conditioning agent), etc.

The bottle is 250ml with a pump, $13.

Check out the Fuji Green Tea scent if you are near a The Body Shop store. I already like the scent, but also like the idea of creative products that fit the theme - bath tea (with its own infuser) and Tea Ceremony gift sets (ranging from $10 - $50).

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could smell it through the screen, I'll have to check it out next time I get to a mall!

    ReplyDelete