Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

4/30/2015

NOTD: OPI Go With the Lava Flow

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

The next shade I wore in OPI Hawaii collection is Go With the Lava Flow, described as a golden red.

It looks to me like a raspberry red (not a typical colour of lava, I don't think) with super fine gold shimmers, a bit easier to wear than a traditional red but still bold.

I don't wear reds often, but would prefer this tone of red for sure. Normally gold shimmers in a red would make a striking appearance but the shimmers are quite shy in this case.

This is 2 coats of Go With the Lava Flow, with top coat on the ring finger and different matte top coats on the rest to change things up a bit.

The 3 matte top coats I tried:
- Claire's matte top coat: index finger
- NYC Matte the Crazy: middle finger
- P2 Matte Victim top coat: pinky.

Claire's and NYC versions have stronger mattifying effects but not 100%, and are easier to find in stores too.

P2 Matte Victim seems to be the weakest, with a milky finish that alters the base colour a little.

This mani is about the only thing that is summer-y enough. I came to work in below zero windchill this morning, so not in that mode. Appreciate the warm weather if you have it!

4 comments: