Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

1/08/2015

NOTD: Essie Comfy in Cashmere

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

It was a surprise seeing Essie Cashmere Matte 2015 collection in the mail box when I came back from vacation.

I like the idea of this collection very much - satin matte texture with a subtle micro-iridescent finish, with great pigmentation. They are almost all one coaters.

Featuring here is Comfy in Cashmere, described as a mauve with deep velvet undertones. Look at that aqua glow in the bottle and quite visible on the nails too.

The colour combination between the taupe/ mauve base and that glowy accent works very well in this case, plus the satin matte finish helps the polish look more alive, not flat. Granted, Comfy in Cashmere is my favorite colour in the collection.

The accent nail is Wrap Me Up, a soft pink also from the collection that appeared more like a beige on me.

I used one coat of Comfy Cashmere with no issues, but Wrap Me Up took an extra light coat to cover some bald spots that happened when I brushed over the already applied polish. So make sure you have enough polish on the brush for one perfect coat.

Wear time is the only thing that took me back from this collection. I did not want to apply a top coat to ruin the beautiful finish, so this mani did not get pass one day wear on me. The colours came off not just at the tips but randomly in the middle of the nails :(

Essie Cashmere Matte collection is out this month.

4 comments:

  1. Aw man... now I want Comfy In Cashmere all over again... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful polish! I can't wait until the line launches in store. I think I want those two and the navy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets harder and harder to pick a favorite with this collection :)

      Delete