Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

12/23/2014

LA Girl Glazed lip paints

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

I got 2 of the LA Girl Glazed lip paints off a display at Lawtons for a while now but didn't get a chance to show them to you until now.

This is Daring (top) and Coy (bottom), you weren't surprised by my colour choice, were you? :) I didn't go for any nudes or pinks as I personally thought the dark shades looked better with this formula and finish.

Advertised as having intense colour with extra glossy finish, the Glazed lip paints cool and nourish your lips with the added benefits of vitamin E and peppermint oil.

By the look and feel of the applicator, I assume it is meant to dispose the product on to the lips, not to even it out. So that is what I did - squeeze the tube (with less pressure than you think you need) and apply product on the lips in dots, then use a lip brush to spread it out. Of course you can use the edge of the top as a regular applicator but it would not give you a precise application.

The lip paints do have light minty scent but offer no tingling sensation at application. They dry a little less glossy on the lips but are comfortable to wear and last quite long through food and drink.

Here are the swatches on my hand to give you an idea about the colour payoff. Daring happens to fall into the Marsala trend for 2015, so I have been wearing it a little more than Coy, which is totally not an every day colour :)

I would suggest an invisible lip liner (like Rimmel Moisture Renew Universal transparent lip liner) with these Glazed lip paints to avoid accidental bleeding.

The tubes are 0.4oz/ 12ml, $4 on LA Girl website, over $5 at Lawtons. Here is a FOTD with Coy.

2 comments: