Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

11/13/2014

NOTD: OPI Stir-fried Eggplant

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

This is OPI Stir-fried Eggplant, one of the "mysterious" OPI shades found at Dollarama I told you about a while ago.

Despite being a rebottled colour, it is a beauty, this dark plum with pink and purple (and sometimes green and gold) micro glitters. 2 coats here for colour intensity. I could wear it all the way through Winter.

Considering its original colour - Nicole by OPI Smile for the Glam-era from the Kardashian Kolors collection (Spring 2012) - was exclusive to CVS in the US, I am glad I could get my hand on it.

Originally, I didn't particularly care for any of the Kardashian Kolors collections and looked pass them when they were out. I don't mind the rebottling in this case, since I prefer the OPI bottle shape (easier to hold for photos) and wide brush compared to those of NOPI.

Due to Dollarama's no-return policy, I did buy Stir-fried Eggplant blindly but only paid $3 for it instead of the $8 price tag (US)/ $10 (Canada). All in all, I am happy with this purchase.

Here is the label, as proof that Stir-fried Eggplant does exist (lol) and more closeups for you. A friend found inspiration in NOTD pics with a kitty's paws as the background and challenged me to do it. Oreo graciously offered his paws to help me out :)

1 comment: