Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

11/27/2014

NOTD: Formula X Legend

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Formula X, since its debut on Sephora, caught my attention with the on-trend collections that come out so often, if only the price tag were lower (0.4oz/ 12ml, reg. $16 each).

A few Formula X shades were on clearance for $7 during the VIB sale, I happily gave them my money

Today's shade is Legend from the Shifters collection, one of those two-toned metallic lacquers that shimmer with a kaleidoscopic effect.

I had high hope for the Shifters, because of the described shade-shifting finish. Do you see that here? Not really :(

I love the colour, don't get me wrong. That visible blue shimmers that shine on top of the deep maroon/ dark plum base is gorgeous. I did 2 coats with this mani, since the first coat was a little thin. You know how I get with dark nail polish.

I was just looking for more of the actual shifting action, that metallic duochrome that Formula X promised.

Also, it last about 2-3 days on me depending on the base coat I used, not better than drugstore nail polish.

So, if you like dark polishes with contrast shimmers like me, get Legend and pair it with a good base and top coat to lengthen the wear. Just don't expect lots of colour shifting :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of all of the high-priced polishes lately. I got a few Formula X on sale and love them, but not for full price. Legend is really pretty, but... yeah... I don't see how/where it would shift... :/

    ReplyDelete