Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

11/24/2014

Marcelle eyeshadow trio+

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Fresh off the press from Marcelle to SB HQ is this eyeshadow trio+ (faux trio turned quad) in Smoky Chestnut.

Planned for the holidays, the trio+ comes with lots of sparkles and an uneven distribution of colours - 3 main eyeshadow shades and a glittery accent shade.

I do enjoy the sparkly white shade for the inner corners so I don't mind it taking up half the pan. However, the champagne (for brow bone highlight) is squeezed in the corner which hardly fits the eyeshadow brush, hard to get the product sometimes.

There is a compartment underneath to hold 2 sponge tip applicators, which I find unnecessary. Here are the colours inside and closeup to show you the shimmers.

As seen in the swatches, all shades in Smoky Chestnut have a shimmery sheen. The glitters are very fine, not chunky on the lids.

The colour combination looks great in the pan, works well for everyday work looks. I love that dark taupe (with a hint of purple) in the crease, but it is a little light for intense smoky eyes on my skin tone.

With a primer or base (I always use one), the eyeshadows blend easily and wear well through the day. Stay tuned for a FOTD.

There are 6 trio+'s all together, I would suggest picking one(s) with the accent shade that you like the most. Also watch for sales, as each trio+ retails for $15.95.

0 comments:

Post a Comment