Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

10/06/2014

The Body Shop Moroccan Argan Oil

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Argan oil is still a hot ingredient in bath and body products, so I was excited to receive The Body Shop Moroccan Argan Oil collection to review. Quite a large collection, so grab a snack :)

With Community Fair Trade wild argan oil from Morocco, extracted by the old school method (sundried, extracted, pressed, filtered and settled over 48 hours), the line promises fun pampering time. The scent is lightly sweet (in a good way), more intense when you sniff directly from the jar/ bottle than when you use it.

Stage 1: Relax with Wild Argan Oil bubbling bath (right). By the rare chance that I have time to have a bath instead of a shower, this bottle comes really handy, the bubbly kind.

It smells good, it feels luxurious and moisturizing. All you could have asked for.

Ingredients: Water (solvent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (surfactant), Glycerin (humectant), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (emulsifier), Fragrance, Honey (natural additive), etc.

The bottle is 250ml, $12. Not a bad price for pampering.

Stage 2: Clean with Wild Argan Oil shower gel (left above, 250ml, $9). I like that it's soap free and lathers quite well.

Ingredients: Water (solvent), Sodium Laureth Sulfate (surfactant), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (surfactant), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (emulsifier), Glycerin (humectant), Sodium Chloride (viscosity modifier), Fragrance, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate (viscosity modifier), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (skin-conditioning agent), etc.

If you feel like some exfoliation (I always feel like I do lol), try Wild Argan Oil rough scrub (left below, 200ml, $20) instead.

Despite the name, this scrub does not feel any rougher than others from the brand (my favorite is still the Blueberry scrub, if you need to know).

Ingredients: Water (solvent), Glycerin (humectant), PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil (emulsifier), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder (exfoliant), Silica (absorbent), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifier), Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol (preservative), etc.

A new generation of soap - Wild Argan Oil massage soap (right, 150g, $6). Happy the find this soap not drying and the massaging effect is quite fun lol.

Ingredients: Sodium Palmate (surfactant), Water (solvent), Sodium Palm Kernelate (surfactant), Glycerin (humectant), Sorbitol (humectant), Coconut Acid (surfactant), Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (skin-conditioning agent), Fragrance, etc.

Stage 3: Moisturize with Wild Argan Oil body butter (left below).

We all know how good The Body Shop body butters are, some are heavier than others. I don't find this one heavy, just to note.

Ingredients: Water (solvent), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (skin conditioning agent - emollient), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (emollient), Glycerin (humectant), Cetearyl Alcohol (emulsifier), etc.

The tub I got is 50ml, great for travelling, but the full size 200ml is $20.

As we are in early fall, I reach for the Argan Oil body lotion (right, 250ml, $12) more, for lighter texture. My legs, especially, have been loving it :)

Ingredients: Water (solvent), Glycerin (humectant), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil (skin conditioning agent - occlusive), Orbignya Oleifera Seed Oil (emollient), Stearic Acid (emulsifier), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (skin conditioning agent - emollient), etc.

Here is the goodness inside the jars, since I had the lids closed in previous pics.

The scrub does not have chunky seeds nor look scary, so like I said, it is not harsh on the skin, at least my skin. The amber colour gives off a warm vibe.

The body butter is not amber like the scrub but looks smooth enough to eat :) Quite a powerful duo comes winter!

Now the items that excite me the most - Wild Argan Oil Miracle solid oil for body & hair (left below, 50g, $14). Great packaging and formula to travel with.

I reserve this container for my heels only, run my fingers around to melt the solid oil a little then apply. A treat every  night. I'll buy another one for my hands and elbows, a little concern about double/ triple dipping :)

The brand also suggests this solid oil for hair - condition split ends or tame flyaways and add shine but I did not try it this way (as I use it for my heels lol).

Ingredients: Hydrogenated Coconut Oil (emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (emollient), Octyldodecanol (emollient), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (stabilizer/viscosity modifier), Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (emollient), PEG-8 Beeswax (emulsifier), etc.

And a "baby" container for your lips - the Wild Argan Oil solid oil lips (right, 20ml, $6). Since it is in solid form, even when melted, it feels thicker than regular lip balms. But the moisturizing effect is noticeable. If you don't mind scented lip oil, you gotta try this.

Ingredients: Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil (emollient), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil (emollient), Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 (emollient), Hydrogenated Castor Oil (emollient), Beeswax (emulsifier/emollient), Fragrance, etc.

There is Stage 4: Radiate with Wild Argan Oil radiant oil for body & hair. I would have to grab it from the store some time soon to try.

I really enjoy this collection. Give the products a sniff to see if it's the scent you like. It might be too late to turn around then :)

6 comments:

  1. I really like the solid oil for my hair. I use it on the lower half of my hair, it's really good stuff. Makes my hair look and feel amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh! the soild oil was what caught my eye. Need to check it out in stores~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely stands out in this collection. Hope you like it

      Delete
  3. Ohh they all sound so exciting. I love the idea of the solid oil, as winter comes along my skin starts to crack and bleed...this would help so much

    ReplyDelete