Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

9/18/2014

NOTD: TBS Camouflage

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

This is my (lazy) version of camouflage nails, done with a different approach to the saran wrap technique (the paint on style).

I wanted to put some darker shades in the Colour Crush line from The Body Shop in good use but since Fall just got here, I was not in the mood to go super dark yet. Thought a saran wrap mani was the best solution.

The 2 shades I went with were Big Smoke (the bottle shade, a darker grey with a green tint) and Gorgeous Grey (more like a taupe with a grey tint to me).

So basically, I put Gorgeous Grey on first, two coats for opacity, and let dry completely. Add a layer of Big Smoke on top, and while it was still wet (work on one nail at a time), I dab the crumbled saran wrap on the nail and quickly pick up some of the polish and expose part of the base colour.

I like this method much better as it is not messy, no cuticle cleanup needed afterward. Since this mani, I have experimented with more colour combos with the saran wrap, couldn't get enough :) Even Squirt is wearing one now, a blue and mint combo.

You can see Gorgeous Grey in the bottle in the closeup here. I like it a lot more on the nails than in the bottle, a safe for work colour.

I think the colour tone of this mani suits the weather around here in the last week. I see US YT'ers complained about the heat while we have below 10 degrees (50F) early morning. Leggings and sweater for sure! My summer dresses haven't got enough rotation.

Talking about Fall, both AC and WestJet now charge for the first checked bag. I did book a few travel arrangements before this, but am disappointed nonetheless. Now demand for carry-on-safe makeup and skin care will rise, don't you think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment