Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

8/20/2014

Tatcha Ritual Discovery kit

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

It has been two years since I reviewed Tatcha skin care products on the blog. The brand reached out to me again with their updated Ritual Discovery kit (reg. $59). I was glad to reunite with products I enjoyed using.

Just like the quality of their products, Tatcha is known for the artful packaging. The kit arrived in this beautiful paper box with glass bottles and gold caps, great improvement right here.

The 4-step skin care ritual still remains the same, I wouldn't ask for anything more.

Step 1: PURE - One Step Camellia cleansing oil, 25ml.

I won't repeat things that I had mentioned in the original review about the products. Just thought Tatcha was quite a pioneer in offering cleansing oil at the time.

By now, oils have become a popular choice to remove makeup as they are quick and easy to use, effective too. This Camellia cleansing oil feels luxurious (again) on application and works well for the purpose. I did not test it on the eyes, so I can't comment on that.

Ingredients: Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Polyglyceryl-10 Dioleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Sesquicaprylate, Camellia Japonica Seed Oil, Glyceryl Behenate/ Eicosadioate, Water, Algae Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Alcohol, Fragrance (Natural), Phenoxyethanol.

Step 2: POLISHED - Rice Enzyme powder, 14 x 0.04oz/ 1g packets.

The kit this time has once choice of the powder ("Classic", with crushed pearls to condition the normal skin), vs. 3 of each type ("Gentle", "Classic" and "Deep") in the original kit. I like the new option better, needless to say.

And the powder remains the star of the kit. I am still amazed of how it works. and how well it exfoliates my skin without being harsh. For my face, 1 packet is good for at least 2 uses, which means the kit would last longer than 2 weeks for me, yay! :) Great for travel too.

Ingredients for "Classic": Talc, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Potassium Myristate, Polyethylene, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran, Papain (Papaya Extract), Dextrin, Red Algae Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Glycerin, Alcohol, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin (Pearl) Protein, Phenoxyethanol.

Step 3: RADIANT - Deep Brightening serum, 10ml.

I think I am quite lucky in the serum department. Most of the ones that I tried work well for me, absorb quickly and pair well with my moisturizer. This time is not an exception.

What need to say here is it is one of the most fast absorbed serums in my stash without not much of rubbing. I don't put too much hope in the brightening department though.

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Propanediol, Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Squalane (Olive Origin), Isocetyl Stearate, Inositol (Rice Extract), Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Polyglyceryl-10 Isostearate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Sericin (Silk Extract), Arginine, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, etc.

Step 4: SUPPLE - Moisture Rich Silk cream, 10ml.

Another luxurious item that works well for my aging skin, as it was intended to. If you are in your 20's, I don't think you need this cream just yet :)

I have to treasure this little jar and make it last, like youth in a bottle lol.

Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Propanediol, Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isocetyl Stearate, Squalane (Olive Origin), Inositol (Rice Extract), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Sorbitan Stearate, Behenyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin (Soy Origin), Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Batyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Arginine, etc.

The kit is also available for Oily skin (with "Deep" powder), Sensitive skin (with "Gentle" powder) and Dry skin (with "Gentle" powder and AGELESS - Enriching Renewal cream instead of SUPPLE).

If you are around my age and haven't tried Tatcha, I would definitely recommend it. For more information about the website and shipping, please refer to the original review.

0 comments:

Post a Comment