Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

8/26/2014

NOTDs: The Body Shop Blues/ Greens

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

I was excited when The Body Shop announced their Colour Crush nail polish line. Among 23 colours (all cremes) and a base/top coat, I received 18, so lots of NOTDs are coming to help you shop the range when it's out in October :)

The Colour Crush nail polish are infused with Community Fair Trade marula oil, quick dry and glossy. Bottle size is 0.22oz/ 6.8ml, retail price $6. Let's see the colours!

Naturally, blues and greens would be the first group I dived myself into. Thought I would take this opportunity to try some nail art, which I am not good at. Brownie points for the effort? lol

I'll start with a nontraditional animal print mani. I used Mint Cream as the base. The name is pretty much on point on the colour.

I would assume marula oil is what makes the nail polish go on smooth and glossy, and if that's true, all lines should add it to the formula.

Application is so easy with all the shades I tried so far (except the sheer ones that you will hear about later), no streaks, no bald spots.

I almost did not need a top coat on them either. And to top it off, most of them are also one coaters.

For the dots, I used Minty Amour (the bottle colour too). For the limited skill I have, it was not easy to do the curves around the dots with a black striping polish, so I did mostly straight lines instead lol.

This next mani, I tried the saran wrap (plastic wrap) method.

The way that I saw blogger did it is to dab the plastic wrap ball onto a few drops of polish on a plate, then transfer it to the nails. What makes it hard is to figure out how much polish to transfer on.

See here I used one coat of Crazy for Blue as base! It is a beautiful (but much darker) navy than what the flash shows you here. I wouldn't have a problem with wearing it as a full mani, any time of the year.

On the other hand, Hemp over Heals is not an easy colour to wear alone, with my skin tone, since it has a heavy dose of yellow in the colour mix.

I think the index finger probably turned out the best, in terms of polish coverage. Others need more practice :)

So, 4 shades thus far, I love Crazy for Blues the most. When a lighter mood strikes, I'll reach for Minty Amour.

And like I said, application and opacity are great with these shades. Finish, however, is limited to creme. I couldn't help to dazzle them up further. Glitters and textures next please, The Body Shop!

2 comments: