Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

7/14/2014

NOTD: Essence Sparkling Sand

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

I know Mondays aren't normally for NOTDs but Essence Beach Cruisers collection has landed at my beloved Shoppers location and I couldn't wait to tell you about it.

Out of 4 Sparkling Sand nail polish shades released in Europe, we get 3, $2.49 each. I was not too upset as the fourth shade did not look like something I would wear.

I have 2 shades to show you today and the third shade will soon follow.

On 4 of my fingers is 02 Girls Just Wanna Have Sun!, 2 coats. It is a beautiful peachy coral, with a light hint of shimmers.

On the accent nail is one coat of 01 I ♥ Summer Break, one of the most beautiful raspberry reds I have seen. To top off the great pigmentation, the fuchsia sparkles in it are strong and visible in all lighting.

I kinda like this pairing between the 2 shades. Girls Just Wanna Have Sun! tends to make my hands look darker, not necessarily preferable, so I ♥ Summer Break helps balancing it out.

If you can't tell by the name (Sparkling Sand), these nail polish are textures with fine grittiness, if you know what I mean. They are nowhere near the texture of China Glaze Textureds, rest assured. I don't mind either way.

The sparkles in the bottles show up better in the last two pictures here. Application and removal were a breeze!

The third shade 03 Keep Calm and Go to the Beach is a beautiful teal. You won't regret picking it up either. Needless to say, I definitely recommend Essence Sparkling Sands, if you enjoy textured nail polish.

Looks like Essence is on a roll with finishes as the Road Trip collection will have Thermo/ Asphalt/ Leather/ Gasoline effects :)

How did your weekend go? We had the most beautiful sunny days, spent couple hours picking cherries (11 pounds of Stellar, Lapin and Napoleon lol). No Rainiers but I was happy nonetheless.

4 comments:

  1. *squee* Such a pretty texture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, a trip across the border might be in order, as I like both Essence and textures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ulta didn't get this collection? I thought US and Canada are on par with collection release

      Delete