Sparkled Beauty

I Live to Shine

4/16/2014

Annabelle Spring makeup

Posted by Halifax @ Sparkled Beauty

Marcelle and Annabelle had a 40% off sale on their sites last month, with free shipping. I certainly went and got a few things :)

I love Marcelle BB and DD creams, just completed the range by getting the CC cream SPF35 in Light to Medium, reg. $29.95. I won't be testing this just yet, still have others to finish first :)

From Anabelle, I picked up 2 items from the Spring release - a TwistUp Retractable eyeshadow crayon in Taupe and a lip liner in Hot Pink.

TwistUp eyeshadow crayons are brand new this season at Annabelle. Still the same concept as with the TwistUp lipstick crayons, these eyeshadow crayons is very easy and convenient to use. They last all day on me without any creasing. Even the swatch on my hand was hard to remove after it set :)

You all know I love and rave about Annabelle Smoothies eyeshadow pencils a lot. TwistUp eyeshadow crayons are a step-up in terms of product design. I cringe every time I have to sharpen the Smoothies, seeing the product just wasting away.

Formula wise, TwistUp eyeshadow crayons are lighter (but buildable) in both colour (cue: pastels) and texture, with more shine compared to Smoothies. I like both lines, and use them for different looks and purposes.

Taupe is a great shade to start. It is creamy, dreamy and very appropriate for neutral looks, as a base or by itself - as a lid colour, layered in the crease for depth. Very versatile! Stay tuned for a look.

The line has 5 other shades to choose from: Pearl, Pink, Gold, Plum and Indigo, $9.95 for 0.04oz/ 1.4g each (vs. $8.95, 0.05oz/ 1.6g in Smoothies).

Annabelle has lip liners since forever, but Hot Pink is a new shade for this Spring. I notice a slightly sheer formula with this particular shade , but surprisingly, I don't mind it. A sheer hot pink looks quite natural on me, and once it fades, it becomes a neutral pink, just as pretty.

Also new to the lip liner line are Corail and Buff, $5.95 each (0.04oz/ 1.15g).

I am happy with both items I picked and have been wearing them together for work often. I am not happy with the weather tonight though - a wintry mix (a combination of freezing rain, ice pellets and snow)! It's the "wintry" part that I don't get, after temperature got up to 17/ 63F yesterday.

2 comments: